Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Vendor question

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but it's something I've been wondering....

Do you keep in contact with vendors often?  By often I guess I mean every few months, not weekly or anything.

For example, in my case I booked our venue, the PEC in February and I've emailed Heather a few times since then but other vendors, like our videographer, I haven't spoken to since we booked him in August.  Did/does anyone make contact with their vendors during the planning process?  Or just wait until a month or so before the wedding?  I don't want to sound like a psycho bride hahaha but my secret fear is a vendor will forget our booking.  Just wondering what other ladies on here have done, sorry if this sounds dumb lol.
Hitched! 09.30.11

Re: Vendor question

• edited December 2011

Pretty sure I feel the same way, thinking they will forget about me, or have me booked for the wrong date.  I am guessing this is a common paranoia haha.  I've only really had contact with our venue (asking random questions) and our photog (scheduling a Epic session and other random questions) Other than that I haven't had much if any contact with the other vendors.

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only contacted my vendors as things came up that applied to them.  For instance, I emailed my photographer when I was working on my shot list and finalized that and my make-up artist when I set up my trial appointment.  I did, however, make up a list of everything I had discussed with each vendor and sent it to them about a month before the wedding (i.e. for the photog I sent the shot list, a contact sheet with WP names, locations and directions he would need, timeline, and reminders of special pictures we wanted) and had them confirm all the details so there was no miscommunication.  Nobody forgot about our booking.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    We had a pretty short engagement (about 10 months), and we didn't book some of our vendors until April, only about 6 months out.  So between initial contact, deposits, and final decisions, there wasn't a lot of lag time.

Our florist though? We met with her in March? signed the contract with a deposit and didn't contact her again until October to finalize the numbers, etc.

We've kept in closer contact with our photographers because we had questions about e-pics, etc.  But really we only contacted everyone as needed.
  • bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was probably psycho bride. But I did only have a 6 month engagement. So like Steph the time lag was minimal from booking to wedding. I probably contacted them about every 2 months and the month before got more hectic with emails and such. I wasn't particularly needy - I just had questions that were brought up when I started meeting seriously with the venue. (Dock locations, microphones who provides, etc). I talked with my florist ahead to talk about in season options and to bring her some general ideas.

What can it hurt really?
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on the length of the engagement and the service, its totally normal to have both extremes of lots of contact and little. IMO

For Instance:
    I have had a lot of contact with our Reception Venue. Partially because I love our coordinator but they require their catering service. I booked them back in February and I think the longest we went without contact was a couple months. I had much more contact with them then other vendors because of tastings, meal options, bar options, appetizers,napkin colors etc.

Whereas, my videographer - I haven't talked to them since I sent my deposit back in March. Mostly because they need specifics like timelines which take longer to gather and nail down.

Things like cake and flowers we went through all the details during the consultation meeting which I wont have to finalize until a couple weeks or month prior.

HTH!
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been starting to wonder about that, too. My main concern has been the venue. I just want to check to make sure that everything is OK. I think that it may just be normal bride hysteria sometimes =) And since I am DIYing most everything, I like to have my thumb on it all. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards