Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

*threemarie*

How has it been adjusting to your lasik?

I thought of you when I was putting in my contacts this morning. I wish I didn't need corrective lenses. UGH.

Zuma Zoom

Re: *threemarie*

• Options
    threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Thanks! It has been amazing! I had little to no recovery. FI on the other hand, did not manage as well as I did. He has very dry eyes (4.5 out of 5) he got his done on Fri the 20th, he called in sick Monday, and dragged himself in yesterday. He defanatly had a slower recvoery process then I did. Poor little baby, it was hard on both of us, he was crabby because he was compairing his recovery to mine. I was crabby because I couldnt do anything for him. 

He is finally on the up and up, we are both thankful that in the long run we can now see on our own. Amazingly enough he would do it again (pain and "suffering" and all) in a heart beat!! 

:) DO IT!!! 
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there an upkeep or regular maintainance for it? Like every 10 years you need to get it retouched or something?

Zuma Zoom
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope. however if your eyes get so bad that you do need glasses again, they will "touch them up" for free.

Before the surgery they put numbing drops in your eyes, and offer you valium, for the nerves.  What I was scared about was that you would "see" something come at you, but you dont. That was a sigh of relief.

You then get 2 medicated drops to put into your eyes 4 times a day for the next 7 days. You will also get regular lubricating drops that you can use as much as you want/need. -thats it!

You do go and get a check up the day after your surgery, as well as a 3 week, 3 month and I think a 6 month (?) check up.
    imageimage

• Options
    edited December 2011

...butting in....

I had mine done about 5 years ago (through Lasik Plus).  Loved it, still do.  In order for me to maintain my "warranty" I have to have a yearly exam.  I can do this through my normal eye doctor.

imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

jnickers98....We had ours done at LasikPlus as well. the yearly exam is AMAZING to know. I dont think either of us knew that. THANK YOU!  I have my 3 week on Dec 2, I will triple check with them about that.  :)

Also how was your recovery? Would you say you have dry eyes? J (FI) cant stand that his recovery sucks compaired to mine.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards