Ohio-Columbus

Hotels

So....a week or so ago, I posted a thread about hotel blocks. Well, apparently, the weekend of July 9th, there is a "florist convention" that apparently books up almost every downtown and campus area hotel! I think I called over 15 places and only 3 would be able to accommodate the room block. We are supposed to get the contract today....so hopefully that goes off without a hitch. And....the room block covers the rest of the hotel rooms in that hotel! I never thought the room block would be a complicated part!

Side note: I started to use experience columbus, but I started to get worried (after receiving 4 emails from hotels saying they were full) and just began calling places again. If I would have been more on top of things and talked to experience columbus before, I probably would have had a better result.

Re: Hotels

• edited December 2011
    Seriously, I think Columbus should have their own special wedding planning timeline that says "If you need downtown Columbus hotel blocks, start making calls the day you get engaged".  

I feel like there are more weekends with conventions/big events in this town than not!

• osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. We have contacted Meg Gordon, too, finally. We are Sunday of Race for the Cure weekend and getting information on hotels has been harder than I thought. Em, were you the one who suggested Hyatt Place in Grandview? They were actually great at getting back to us so far.

Any good news yet on your block, nnoble?
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, we got the confimation and the group code today! Woo-hoo! I can send my save the dates knowing my family will be able to get that information! Whew! We are using Hilton Downtown. They have a shuttle to and from the airport. But, now we are determining how to get people to and from the wedding location. We may be using the Bexley Beat....as I am not renting a limo company's shuttle and paying for the 9 hours we aren't using it!
  • edited December 2011
    Wish I still worked for Hilton, I'd be so willing to help brides out <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards