Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Social or Cocktail???

So this might sound like who cares, but I do!!! :) On the bottom of my invites I am putting: 

Social hour and reception 
immediately following ceremony

Should I say "Social" or "Cocktail" -- is there a difference?

We will be hosting wine and beer all night and there will be food during the hour.

TIA!

Re: Social or Cocktail???

• wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with cocktail hour personally but I don't know that it really matters.
  • esunadaesunada member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i prefer cocktail hour as well so people know you are serving liquor.
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I honestly don't know why you need to put either... as in my mind, it's all part of the reception anyway. But, I guess that's just me.
  • KOM11KOM11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies, wanted to be careful to make sure there isn't a formal difference betweent he two!

Maybe - I wanted people to know that they aren't going straight to the dinner i guess...
  • edited December 2011
    I'm putting cocktail.. I don't know the difference though!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm putting Social so that it doesn't appear that we're just a bunch of lushes trying to get our drink on.  It probably doesn't matter either way, but my family is a bit more old-fashioned and I thought that would "help" - you're also not making any non-drinkers feel left out by insinuating they need to have a cocktail...  just thoughts.
  • edited December 2011
    My understanding is that people will often put "social" if they are not serving any alcohol. It's obviously not cut and dry, but I think that is usually the reason...
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards