Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Betty Crocker Cake Mixes?

Does anyone know of any bakeries that use Betty Crocker Cake Mix?

This is my favorite cake mix brand and I emailed General Mills about it. Well they said there are bakers in the area that do use their cake mix, but they do not have a listing of the stores and suggested I call bakeries. I really really want to try and find one of these bakeries, but I do not want to call around because I do not want to offend anyone.

Anyone know?

:) Thank You!

Re: Betty Crocker Cake Mixes?

• Sarahsue1684Sarahsue1684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry this doesnt really help you but is an idea,I made my own Betty Crocker "brownie cake" for our wedding 2 weeks ago. Only cost me $10. 

I used a 10' inch round pan. Cooked 3 separate pans of brownies in between each layer i put whipped frosting and then covered it in frosting, finished the edges off with mini chocolate chips. Bought a plain white cake box from JoAnnes and put it in the box and it looked like it came from a bakery.

We got our brownies to serve to our guest at a bakery but the cost of a cake to cut and have one piece was ridiculous so I decided to make it since we would be the only ones having a piece out of it. We are still eating the leftovers :)
  • edited December 2011
    I used to do a lot of cakes and you can buy the boxes from Cub too. It's quite a bit cheaper than JoAnnes. Or if you're looking for the white boxes, there's a place in Spring Lake Park where you can buy all the cake decorating stuff including boxes and she's very cheap. Lynn's Cake & Candy Supply - she's the only cake shop left in the Metro.

I bet most bakeries don't use mixes but it's something you can just ask them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards