Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Wedding Thank You Notes

Question for you all while I'm writing my thank you notes. Are you/did you write thank you notes to those who came to your wedding, but didn't give you a gift/card?

Re: Wedding Thank You Notes

• tpender13tpender13 member
    2500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I would say yes. I think we will.
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely.

• IzzygrimIzzygrim member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    We did.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • aligrossaligross member
    500 Comments Third Anniversary
    edited December 2011
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    1000 Comments 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Yes, especially if they came in from out of town! 

... and here's the bratty bride inside of me speaking: If you send them a thank you card for coming to the wedding, it might serve as a guilt-inducing reminder that they should get you a gift. Boy, was I raised Catholic or what? ;)
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • golden1215golden1215 member
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    OOT guests yes, other people no.

The reception itself is already their thank you for coming to watch your vows, a thank you card is specifically for a gift.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_wedding-thank-notes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:485638cb-ad77-4b2a-a541-78da8f0a7ebePost:2a78b094-624d-4ff5-ae82-a8840d41fedc">Re: Wedding Thank You Notes</a>:
    [QUOTE]OOT guests yes, <strong>other people no</strong>. The reception itself is already their thank you for coming to watch your vows, a thank you card is specifically for a gift.
    Posted by golden1215[/QUOTE]

<div>True, the reception is a thank you for coming to the wedding.  But I'd still send a thank-you to everyone who came.  What if they gave you a gift and the card fell off? or someone took it? You never know. Why risk offending someone over 50 cents for a card and stamp?</div><div>
    </div><div>Send a thank-you to everyone who attends your wedding, gift or not.</div>
  • LauraMC09LauraMC09 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, that's what I was thinking, but I just wanted to double check.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards