Ohio-Columbus

Pew Decorations & Floral Cost

Do any of you know a good place for church pew decorations? I am wanting a long bow on the end of each pew with a flower in the bow. What would you say the average price would be on this? I got a quote for $15 per pew, but I feel that's a little expensive. Also how much are you spending on wedding bouquets? I received a quote of $90 for a rose and calla lilly bouquet and that seems expensive to me too. Am I just being conservative on how much wedding flowers are?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Re: Pew Decorations & Floral Cost

• edited December 2011
    I would not say that your bouquet is unreasonable, but that depends on the size of your bouquet and how many stems. If there are only a couple of stems, then yes it's expensive, but if your bouquet is about 10 inches in diameter and you have many stems, then it is very inexpensive. My wedding bouquet is about $200, 10 inches in diameter, but it has 7 different types of flowers and our wedding is Mother's Day weekend, which considerably drove up the price. I was quoted the same price from two other florists, but their bouquets only had 3 types of flowers and was smaller, so look at value vs. price when you compare.

As for the pews, if you just want a ribbon tied to each and a single flower, I would say $15 a pew is too much. But again, that depends on the flower you want in the bow and the fabric of the bow. We looked into doing an organza bow on every other pew after the reserved pews and we were quoted at $5 a pew for the bow- for the size of the church and the number of pews, that got expensive. Instead, we are just doing 6 reserved pews with organza bows and a small mix of flowers for $15 a piece. We decided that with the gothic architecture of the church that only the reserved pews and 2 altar pieces would be enough. Just doing a few pews or every other one would really bring your costs down and that way you could have the extra money to put elsewhere.  

If you are looking to DIY, I would check out Hobby Lobby (just went there today and they had some pretty pew bows but I think around $8 a piece) or JoAnn's for fabric or ribbon- if you use their weekly 40%off coupon, just buy all the fabric you need at once and you'll get a good discount. If you don't buy it at once, there's no guarantee it will be there when you need more.

(Sorry so long- I just like to make sure I answer questions entirely so I can try to be as helpful as possible.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards