Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Kid Gift Questions...

We're going to have 4 kids, 2 girls & 2 boys, ages 8-11, passing out our programs at the church.  Two of the kids are my niece & nephew & the other two are FI cousin's.  We wanted to give these kids a special job for the wedding, & they're all super excited!

Do you all have any suggestions as to what to give these kids for gifts?  If you were in a wedding when you were younger, do you remember getting a gift that you thought was really special?

Also, what are you doing for your flower girl(s)?  I'm having a hard time figuring that one out too!

TIA ladies!!  = )

Re: Kid Gift Questions...

• Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think its necessary really. I was a ring bearer/flower girl...actually the only person in the wedding party for one of my godmother's weddings and I didn't get a gift.

I have heard of flower girl books and dolls that are out there, otherwise I would go for a nice piece of jewelry like a bracelet or necklace that she can wear on the day of and then keep...not sure what to do for the boys.

We gave my flower girl a little crown/headband that she wore at the wedding and loved! We didn't have a RB.
  • aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are going to give the kiddos in our wedding party fun things for them to play with at the groom's dinner and then also the morning of the wedding. I found some really cute picture frames that I'm going to use after we get our photos back and print a photo of them and us off to go in the frames. I'm the youngest sister in my family so I've been in my older sister's weddings when I was 10 and so on, what I found is that I still have the pictures and a card but nothing else from them.... even though I know we all got something. 

I guess for us it's just something simple and sweet to thank them but also to occupy their time... HTH
  • edited December 2011

If they are handing out Programs I dunno if they need gifts. We are giving all kids under 8 an activity bag (PIB) and for our FG we are giving her a bracelet and RB TBD :). Personally, if they are 9 or above I feel like that they are mature enough to sit still in Church and then at the reception there is enough distractions and things to do they can play with the other kids.

I was a program person in my Aunts wedding when I was 10 and she had me wear the same dress as the bridesmaids, so I got a necklace and bracelet.
    I feel like jewelry is universal safe gift for girls in the wedding. Boys on the other hand I am at a loss. Sorry!

• edited December 2011
    Eh. I don't think you need to worry about it.  I handed out programs twice for aunts/uncles, and all I got was a horrendous poofy pink dress ;) (With shoulder pads at all. Hey. It was the early 90s.)

I do remember that my aunt asked me to dance with her, and that was so cool. :)  Just make sure you thank them in person, and I'm sure they'll be fine.
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed, I don't knowif they need an actual gift, just tell them thank you :)

For our FGs I got them each a bride Barbie and we will get them a "pearl" necklace at like Claires or something.  As for the RB I am not sure what we will get them...some kind of inexpensive toy I am sure.
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I did hand out invitations when I was in first grade- pretty sure I didn't get anything but I still liked the honor of doing it!

If you want to do gifts- I would probably ask the parents what toys the kids are into, and get them a fun toy-
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed.  No gift necessary.  My flowergirls got a book on being a flowergirl....FIona something and they really like it.  I got the younger one a stuffed bride doll that she loved and the older one Wedding Day Barbie and Ken.  That went over really  well, too.
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I also got them a little photo album  and printed up little cards to go in some of them to make it seem like a story about how they were a FG and could then put pictures in it after.  They said things like "I got to wear beautiful white dress" and then a space for a picture of them in their dresses.  Things like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards