Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Custom made *large* stamp and wood veneer paper

Hi gals,

My FI and I are DIYing our save-the-dates and invites, and after a little experimentation decided we want to emboss onto wood veneer sheets. To make it easier, we want to create one big (5"X5" approx) rubber stamp with all of the text so we can stamp and emboss each STD in one go.

I've looked around online a little, but I'm wondering if any of you have any knowledge on a business that does this. Everything I've found costs about $60 for a stamp that size.

I'm also wondering if anyone has ever used wood veneer "paper", and if they've found any great deals on it.

I found this: http://joiestudio.blogspot.com/2008/04/letterpress-wedding-invitations-on-wood.html

Pretty, huh?
TIA!

Married and lovin' it!
Our Wedding! (click.)

Re: Custom made *large* stamp and wood veneer paper

• threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry no help here, but what at GREAT idea...it sounds really spendy though. 
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    Have you tried putting an alchemy post on etsy.com?  I found someone willing to make a chocolate eiffel tower for my cake that way.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_custom-made-large-stamp-wood-veneer-paper?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:5a35d6e4-54c4-4a0d-8ae0-1bf7554ccd0cPost:f9e9d4ff-a6be-460d-b9de-a851d0d3b7f1">Re: Custom made *large* stamp and wood veneer paper</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you tried putting an alchemy post on etsy.com?  I found someone willing to make a chocolate eiffel tower for my cake that way.  
    Posted by MN_Jen[/QUOTE]

<div>LOVE alchemy - worth a shot!</div>
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, sorry -- missed these posts until now. Thanks so much, ladies! I will check that out!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards