Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

What's your most favorite/ unique part of your wedding???

I want to hear what thing you are most excited about for you wedding.

I have to say I'm so excited to wear my veil.  I ordered a 15 foot long Cathedral veil that I can wear for the ceremony as I walk down the aisle at the Cathedral.  I'm so excited for the effect and the pictures.  I know it is something everyone will be talking about. 

Re: What's your most favorite/ unique part of your wedding???

• LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was excited for my veil (also cathedral length!) and my dyed crinoline.  I was also excited for my Packers garter that Mike would find under my dress!

Also excited for our dinner clinking/kissing game, the cootie catchers at the tables, and the candy buffet for our guests (I seriously didn't have any...).
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • KittE7KittE7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LS, what's a cootie catcher?

My details are still nebulous. But at this point, the thing I'm looking forward to the most will be having our closest family & friends see it all come together on Aug 27!  They're all doubtful at this point - we're the first in our fam's to not get married in a church, and none of them are really "city people", so the whole thing will be unique for them.  And hopefully, once they see our CM & arrive at our RC, they'll be having a great time.
    eight twenty-seven ten
    reviews to come, i promise
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is writing all of the music for our ceremony.  Music is really our thing, so we are both excited to have really great music at our ceremony as well as our reception-2 bands!!  Cannot wait! Also, the amount of friends who will be involved in the ceremony and reception, from making programs, playing music, the flowers....it will be very special to us.
  • edited December 2011
    Oohhh! I am so excited for everything but mostly the photobooth and the Cold Stone catering!!
  • amberh0515amberh0515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_whats-favorite-unique-part-of-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:5ca7f0b8-e4c8-4b61-b5a9-8364d847a5c4Post:53406186-4efc-4a08-917c-2e8eacbbbed4">Re: What's your most favorite/ unique part of your wedding???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oohhh! I am so excited for everything but mostly the photobooth and the Cold Stone catering!!
    Posted by elizabethandandrew[/QUOTE]

As in Cold Stone Ice Cream?! That just made me really happy for some reason! And also hungry...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • t.leet.lee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm excited about the corset back I had put in my dress...the Picasso calla lilies that will be in my bouquet...and the mashed potato martini bar and bourbon tenderloin bites performance stations at the reception!! 

Cold Stone catering sounds awesome!!  I LOVE Cold Stone.
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so excited to sing during the ceremony. I am doing a quartet with three of my best friends - we have all sung together in the past and our voices blends so well together! It is going to be such a special moment and I feel so strongly about conveying emotion through music that it will be perfect!
  • bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a swing dance instructor give a short lesson to everyone before the official dancing starts.  And my fella has about 7 friends with vintage cars - so we will have a mini show right in front of Mill City.  I'm 38 and have been waiting for this moment for a very long time - could not be more excited.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    T.Lee- FI and I went to a benefit a few months ago that had a mashed potato martini bar and I thought it was the cutest thing I've ever seen and was SO yummy!

Danielle- That's so cute you're singing at your wedding! That'll be so special and unique, I've never been to a wedding where the bride sang!

I'm just really excited to show off all my DIY that I am/have been/will be working on and to show off our unique style! Our color combo is unique and fun and I'm excited to wear our custom Chuck Taylors! I've been putting off ordering them because I don't know how long I can let them sit in the closet without wearing them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_whats-favorite-unique-part-of-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:5ca7f0b8-e4c8-4b61-b5a9-8364d847a5c4Post:681fb3a6-a3e9-42a1-959e-860b5a03ddf1">Re: What's your most favorite/ unique part of your wedding???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your most favorite/ unique part of your wedding??? : As in Cold Stone Ice Cream?! That just made me really happy for some reason! And also hungry...
    Posted by hook0515[/QUOTE]

Yuppers! FI and I both aren't fans of cake, and they day that I met his son, the three of us went to get ice cream there- so it is a special place to us (besides being delicious!) Now I'm hungry too talking about it!

Now we just need to get the measurements for the freezer they bring and coordinate how to get it in the elevator at the venue!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_whats-favorite-unique-part-of-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:5ca7f0b8-e4c8-4b61-b5a9-8364d847a5c4Post:58f88224-f9d0-4cbd-9ebc-5891b72b7ab3">Re: What's your most favorite/ unique part of your wedding???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm excited about the corset back I had put in my dress...the Picasso calla lilies that will be in my bouquet...and the mashed potato martini bar and bourbon tenderloin bites performance stations at the reception!!  Cold Stone catering sounds awesome!!  I LOVE Cold Stone.
    Posted by t.lee[/QUOTE]

What is a mashed potato martini bar?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about t.lee's, but at the event I went to they had mashed potatos in martini glasses and then a bar of all the topppings: sour cream, chives, bacon, cheese, etc., etc., etc.

Super cute, easy to carry around during a cocktail hour, and delicious!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • t.leet.lee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leggwilliams explained the mashed potato martini bar perfectly, that's exactly what we're doing.  It's fun, easy to carry, and people can put whatever toppings on that they like.  My sister is ecstatic, she would eat nothing but potatoes if given the chance, lol.
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm super pumped about our photobooth, and about our late night snacks. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am honestly the most excited for our wedding pictures/photographer (Kate Botwinski)! I am so in love with our engagement pictures and cannot wait to see our wedding pictures. They are all that you have left after the big day!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    T.Lee- What a great idea! That sounds delicious!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards