Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

In Honor of Mother's Day - PIP Challenge!

In honor of Mother's Day, lets honor our moms on her wedding day.  Find a picture of your mom in her wedding dress and post a picture here.

Can't wait for the trip down memory lane, seeing all the vintage dresses!

ETA: Let's not forget grandmothers, aunts, MILs, etc!!
Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

Re: In Honor of Mother's Day - PIP Challenge!

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom had her wedding gown hanging in her closet for years.  When I was about seven years old, my friend and I would pull it out and get all dressed up in it.  One day she walked in on us, and I was sure that we were going to be in trouble.  She just laughed and said that it looked like we were having more fun in it than she ever did.  Happy Mother's Day Mom!

And for fun, this these are my great-grandparents:

• izzyjenniizzyjenni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's my hot momma and papa!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://minneapolis-stpaul.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_honor-of-mothers-day-pip-challenge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:603830a7-16f1-4e75-8fc4-eb43c896b1e5Post:8fdf2eea-7853-48b5-a48b-51584ecba9cd">Re: In Honor of Mother's Day - PIP Challenge!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's my hot momma and papa!
    Posted by izzyjenni[/QUOTE]

Love the big hat!
  • jtothelee216jtothelee216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh -- I'll have to scan some pics in tonight so I can participate. : )
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_honor-of-mothers-day-pip-challenge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:603830a7-16f1-4e75-8fc4-eb43c896b1e5Post:451737de-a784-4176-a2d2-91c3db5aa10c">Re: In Honor of Mother's Day - PIP Challenge!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh -- I'll have to scan some pics in tonight so I can participate. : )
    Posted by jtothelee216[/QUOTE]

Please do!
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Cute!  Sorry for the poor quality, I literally just took this picture with my phone last week because I did a double take when I saw it, thinking it was me (I'm starting to believe her when she says I look like her when she was my age lol)

Here's mom in '67

Just for fun...

I guess I can't use the "I must be adopted" excuse when my family drives me crazy.

Great topic, I love old wedding photos (and dresses!).
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have any pictures, but just gotta say I love this post! What a cute idea
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have a wedding photo of my mom but here I am wearing my mom's wedding dress she wore 25 years ago to my wedding rehearsal (it was a little longer than tea length):
    IMG_1023.JPG
    imageimage
  • jtothelee216jtothelee216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Better late than never, right.......
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards