Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Rant- sheraton in woodbury and their disappearing shuttle service

First a sigh of relief at being married- WHEW!

But now onto my rant.  I was so excited to set up my hotel block with the sheraton in woodbury because they offered their guests complementary shuttle service, even late at night for hotel guests which ment that people who stayed at the hotel wouldn't need to worry about getting cabs after celebrating with a few drinks.  This sounded great.  I worked with them over maybe 9 months making sure this would work out, put the information on my invitations and website so people could arrange their stays.  In the end we didn't have many guests book a hotel, mabe 3 under our block and a couple outside of it, so instead of scheduling runs of the shuttle, we decided to just call at the end of the night to be picked up as communicated via email. 
The night of my wedding when we called to make sure someone was coming, they infomed us that this was not available.  WHAT!!  We could take a taxi but would need to pay for it, despite all the time I put into this, the discussions I had, and the line in my contract stating this would be available .  We ended up being taken over in groups by a friend, and informed that there was nothing the hotel could do that night to compensate us. 
Now its monday and I am being blamed by the managment at the hotel, and they refuse to reimburse me for my rooms which I feel is appropriate.  The night of the incident as it will be known from now on, the staff wouldn't make any decisions, it would have been so simple to offer to pay for our taxi ride and that would have been the end of it.  In my opinoin the customer service has been just awful, insulting even.  I wanted to pass this on to anyone looking at using this hotel due to this service, it made my wedding night a bit of a disaster.  How embarassing to stand in front of your guests after talking up this service and tell them they made need to take a taxi instead.  Honestly I am glad no one else booked, I would be mortified. 

Re: Rant- sheraton in woodbury and their disappearing shuttle service

• edited December 2011
    Wow, that really does stink! You even had a line in the contract stating the shuttle service!?  Did they ever give a reason for why you weren't able to use the shuttle the night of?  How ridiculous.... We are looking at hotels around our reception site right now and one offers shuttle service to our block guests.  FI is in charge of doing the hotel stuff and I reminded him to get all their promises in writing, but apparently that might not even be good enough!

Minus this complete mess up by your hotel, I hope the rest of your wedding day was amazing!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • L&N5588L&N5588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the other line states "based on hotel needs" and they tell me their hotel needed to not staff someone that night.  Awsome. 
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry about this! 

We originally met with the Woodbury Sheraton and loved it, but changed to the Airport Marriott because it made more sense for our OOT guests (and I'm an Elite member so we got more perks at the Marriott). I remember thinking the shuttle service sounded great --- man, I'm sorry you had to take such a hit on that, that sucks!

Can you escalate to upper management and set up a meeting with them in-person to discuss the situation thoroughly? I can't believe they would do NOTHING to compensate you.
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • KikiTopazKikiTopaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a similar experience with Best Western Bandana Square. We set up the wedding block nine months ago and were told shuttle service was free and available. Now they tell us policy has changed and are charging us $150. We paid the fee because we have more than twenty rooms booked there and we are concerned for our oot guests. They also promised us a meeting room for gift opening the day after and that disappeared too. I was told the sales manager is no longer employed there and her email detailing the amenities is void. Gabe's Roadhouse came to the rescue for the gift opening, providing us with an entire back room and continental breakfast. Love them! Tim Wozniak is awesome. (Most of us are "cheeseheads" so Gabe's turned out to be the perfect choice.) The wedding is this Saturday at Como Park. Cannot wait! Good luck ladies on your planning! Momzilla  PS: I should also mention that the hotel extended the shuttle service until 12:30am so we should be able to get everyone back to the hotel safely. Whew!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards