Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

referrral for alterations

I am having my dress customized -- cut into a tea length, and add a few darts for ruching. Does anyone have recommendations for me?

Thanks!

Re: referrral for alterations

• Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Louise.  She made me feel like a princess every time I went in for a fitting.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Louise. She basically transformed my dress because it was over 3 sizes too big and she made all of our BM dresses from a picture I showed her (no pattern).
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using the person who works with the place I got my dress from, Brenda of Amazing Alterations.  She's up in Anoka, but is very good and priced reasonably.
  • mlschn06mlschn06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sue Wills in Lakeville is great and has amazing prices and is easier to schedule with than Louise (I gave up on her after several calls were never returned). She does the alterations for the Loft Bridal shop in Lakeville but also does them on the side out of her home. I have had so many friends who have been thrilled with her and call her a miracle worker

Sue Wills: 612-616-1400
  • edited December 2011
    Where is Louise located? I got my dress at Raffine and they recommended someone for me but I cant remember the name.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also loved Louise and will totally continue using here for all my alteration needs. She is located in Saint Paul - the way other end of town from me - but it was worth the drive.
  • CharMaeKCharMaeK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Weddings By Tess in Apple Valley.  Tess is amazing and always a pleasure to be aroung.
  • sbreuersbreuer member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on Tess, but I am not sure of her pricing - CharMaeK, is she reasonable?  I bought my dress from her so just wondering.   Before she opened the bridal boutique she did only alterations, so I am sure she is amazing!
  • CharMaeKCharMaeK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I never really compared.  She was a recommendation from 2 other girlfriends.  I felt like what she charged was resonable.  Besides my wedding dress and a BM dress, I've also taken some pants there to be hemmed.  Her assistants were pretty competitive compared to what the store I purchased the pants from was going to charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards