Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

My Shoes with brooches - PIP!

I bought these eggplant purple shoes from Target a while back and decided I loved them want wanted to add a little something...

So I added brooches as shoe clips! I bought them from another knottie for $10 and the shoes were on clearance for $16 so total shoe cost = $26...not bad at all!

Here are the shoes before the brooches:

And after:

Let me know what you think!

Re: My Shoes with brooches - PIP!

• Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loooooooooooove it!!!!
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They look like they were original designed that way.  Great job!
  • edited December 2011
    SO cute!!!!!!!!

Make sure you bring "reinforcements" to make sure the brooches stay attached. Mrs.KateMatch did the same thing with her shoes, and I think I remember her saying that one of them came off or something.
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! And good idea dc*prep - I will superglue the clasp part of it before hand too prolly...and really worse case they come off and I leave them plain but they are actually really secure at least right now. I walked around my office with them on yesterday too and they are still going strong.
  • juliels53juliels53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are perfect!

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but haven't found anything affordable and pretty. My shoes are a bit plain ivory. You interested in selling/passing them on after your big day? If not, I totally get the sentimentallity of them, so let me know! :)
    In story books marriage is a happy ending. In real life it's a happy beginning. Living my happy beginning since September 18, 2010! Planning Bio & Vendor Reviews
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE!!!

Love all of your stuff though :)

How did the dress fitting go? Do you have pics?
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • edited December 2011
    ohhh love them!  Since I have the same shoes, I may have to try this too.  Have you see other brooches like that anywhere?
    edited December 2011
    Hum Steph I have more more brooch but I dont think just one will help much :). She told me she got them at a store going out of business but you could try department stores...they always have brooches in those boxes next to the jewelry. Otherwise ebay might work. The only thing I would try to find is one will all rounded corners and no place to snag your dress :)
    edited December 2011
    And Jessica - yes! I just posted pics! I am going to email you too about the RD dress :)
  • threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup love it! you sure are a fun DIY'er
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• shameless_adshameless_ad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Super cute!
    Bio - Updated 7/25/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 284 Invited image 182 Attending image 96 Declined image 6 Not yet replied
  • izzyjenniizzyjenni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it!  I have shoe clips for my shoes to and since our them is butterflies, they are rhinestone and crystal butterflies.  Yours are super dooper cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards