Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Once again:DJ comparisons!

We have the quotes in hand and it appears Midwest Sound and Light and Instant Request are within pennies of each other and Neon Express is half the amount as the other two. No one in our family has been at an event that any of them has worked at. So why the big difference in price with Neon Express? I know most reviews are excellent for the three companies but how do you compare if you've never seen their lighting or heard their presentations and music?

Re: Once again:DJ comparisons!

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we interviewed with Neon Express, Dave said that he has a day job and DJs weddings to justify having the equipment to his wife (hehe!).  That's why is prices are so low. 
  • brimavenbrimaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Neon Express is just the 2 guys, they don't have an office, and they don't advertise, except word of mouth. The other two are the biggest companies in the twin cities.
  • edited December 2011
    Some companies allow you to see them perform either on a video or live at a public location while they are dj'ing a wedding. We plan to do that with Neon Express for sure since their prices are so low it puts them at the top of our list!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • chou_chouchou_chou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Midwest Sound and they were great!  The customer service end of things was especially good (always prompt to reply to my questions via email or when I'd see their reps at the local wedding fairs) and the DJs we had for our reception did an excellent job!  They were fun, not obnoxious in any way, super flexible with how we wanted to structure things, and stuck to our song lists to the "T"!  I'd recommend them any day!
  • brimavenbrimaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't think i would want some random couples just showing up to my wedding. I'm spending waaaaayy too much time on the planning, to have my wedding used like that.
  • sylvielicioussylvielicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I requested quotes from both Instant Request and Midwest Sound:

Instant Request mailed me a brochure with very little real information, then emailed me to ask if I had received the brochure.  Very impersonal, especially when I had asked for a specific quote through their "Request a Quote" button on their website.

Midwest Sound called me personally and had a real conversation with me.  He asked questions about what I was looking for and gave me quotes based on what I wanted.  Very personable.

Haven't chosen a DJ yet, but out of those two I think the decision is obvious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards