Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Bridesmaids

Hey everyone! So I have a question about asking my bridesmaids. We are planning on having 3 or 4 on each side of our wedding party. My best friend and sister already know they are bridesmaids although I haven't "officially" asked and I haven't asked one of them to be my maid of honor. I have another friend I'd like to ask, and if my fiance is having 4, I'd like another as well (I know an uneven party is fine, but I really want it to be even!). I just don't want the last bridesmaid to feel like she's an afterthought or anything, I suck at making decisions!

I want to "officially" ask the three I've already chosen soon. I think now is a good time because there is plenty of planning time, but it's not like it's years away. So, what do you think? Should I ask these three now or wait until I decide on a fourth so she doesn't feel left out?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow Me on Pinterest
Planning Bio

Re: Bridesmaids

• Options
    sltommysltommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are they all friends?  So will the 'extra' know that the others are in it even if you don't ask her right away?  If so then I would probably ask all at once, otherwise it might be awkward.  But if not than its probably not as big of a deal. GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The three I have picked out right now don't know each other. One is my sister, one is my sorority little sister, and the other is my FI's best friend's GF (soon to be FI! Shh!). The others I'm considering will probably know my best friend (little sis) but aren't that good of friends with her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since your wedding is almost a year and a half away, I would wait until next summer to ask anyone. Take a look at some of the posts on the wedding party board -- so many girls that ask their WP early on end up regretting it. You never know how relationships are going to change between then and now, even with close family and friends.

To answer your question, I'd make sure you're asking them all at the same time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:6fcf3e84-3d33-4031-ba02-b5b658a4d267Post:2c45dce0-c4d3-4cd8-8135-64d8b1785198">Re: Bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since your wedding is almost a year and a half away, I would wait until next summer to ask anyone. Take a look at some of the posts on the wedding party board -- so many girls that<strong> ask their WP early on end up regretting it</strong>. You never know how relationships are going to change between then and now, even with close family and friends. To answer your question, I'd make sure you're asking them all at the same time.
    Posted by tpender13[/QUOTE]

That was me!!! I had some major drama between my sister and my MOH. I wish I would have waited longer because each relationship changed.
  • Options
    jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've decided I'm going to wait a bit. That will give me more time to decide if I want a 4th bridesmaid or not. As for the relationships, I don't see them changing much. My best friend and I have gotten into it a few times but even at our worst we can't stay mad at each other for more than a few days! My sister and I aren't super close but close enough I know I want her in the wedding. I know I can't predict the future, but there are very few things that would completely ruin my relationship with them. But waiting seems to be the best idea. Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards