Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

BM dresses

I'm planning on going with my BMs to begin looking for dresses next month-- just so we can pick a color and style, not to buy. We're planning on going to David's because it is pretty cheap, but they don't really have the kind of dress I'm after (long & lacey). Does anyone know of places in the cities that are comparable in price to Davids? My girls have a budget of about $150 each. 
Photobucket

Re: BM dresses

• VeittobeVeittobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Netbride?  They have some fabulous prices.  One of my bridesmaids used them and was very pleased.
    Mike and Kelly 10.01.10
    MSP Signature Challenge:Favorite Registry Item=Wine Cellar
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    BIO!! Updated 06/20/10

• schmoodschmood member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second NetBride.  I'd still recommend going with the BMs to try a bunch on, but order from NetBride....  I found my dresses on there for $50 less than in any store.  I didn't have any trouble with the ordering process and the dresses arrived in about 10 weeks.  They have a huge variety of designers available too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will look into it. I was hoping to find a place where we could try things on, though.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I found a great dress for my girls at the Wedding Shoppe for $125. They have things that are much more expensive too, but if you let them know your budget they are pretty good about helping you stay within your means.
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mestad's in Rochester is also a great place! Also, you can always try on some styles/colors in person first to see what they like, and then check to see if you can get it through NetBride
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Wedding Shoppe really wasnt that expensive.  Our dress is only $108 and it is beautiful.  I dont think we pulled a dress that was over $150.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will look at the Wedding Shoppe, then. I don't want to go through the hassle of looking at expensive dresses and hoping to get a good deal from an online seller. If it were a dress for me, then I might do it, but I don't want to ask my BMs to do that. I want to make it as easy as possible for them. Thanks for the idea, though.
    Photobucket
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the Wedding Shoppe.  They have lots of dresses around the $100 mark which I don't think is "cheap" but it could be much worse! 
  • edited December 2011
    We got ours at Rush's Bridal downtown Minneapolis. They had a wide variety of dresses in all different price points. Best of luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Mestad's in Rochester if it isn't too far of a drive. But I had a bad experience at the Wedding Shoppe.
    GL! Make sure to come back and Update us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards