Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Hair and Makeup Freakout!

I currently have Smart & Chic booked for my hair and makeup, but I'm starting to have second thoughts - I'm not 100% sold. 

So, I'm looking in to: MG Hair and Makeup, and MN Bridal Makeup.

Does anyone have any experience with these two companies? Are they worth the price? I like their portfolios better than S&C.

Thanks!

Re: Hair and Makeup Freakout!

• Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just curious, why aren't you sold on S&C?
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who do you have booked?  If it's Julie, you have absolutely NO reason to be worried.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, ask Julie/S&C if she can send you pics of what you're exactly looking for.  Maybe their portfolio pictures aren't singing to you because you're looking for something different. They've done SO MANY weddings that they should have pics of a ton of different looks, not just what's on the website.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I've looked through all the pics on the S&C site - maybe I haven't seen anything that's really "my style" (although I have NO idea what I want for my hair), maybe it's just the quality of the pics, I'm not sure. 

This is just one part of the day I'm SO paranoid about! I was in a wedding two years ago and HATED my hairstyle and I remember how crappy it made me feel the entire day. It sucks to FEEL like you look bad - I just want to make sure I look as good as I feel :)

Thanks for your assurances! I'm not sure who I have booked - Julie's the one I've been in contact with and I called them Friday to find out, but haven't heard back yet.
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CS: I know what you mean about the photos on the site. I really REALLY don't think they do S&C justice. I've seen MUCH better on knotties who have posted pics of their makeup done by them. I was worried about it too, but decided to book with them because of all of the rave reviews. I am SUPER picky about my makeup, but Julie was SUPER open to listening to me ramble about how I wanted it, lol. She tried a few different things for my trial, and was really open to my honest opinions and feedback, so that made me feel better. Yes, I do feel like kind of a freak about how much of a big deal my makeup is...but I'd much rather it look exactly like I want it and have the makeup artist  think I'm nuts, then not be honest an open about what I want and not look exactly how I want on that day.

I completely understand where you are coming from! I would at the very least have a trial with them first before you rule them out. You're not tied down to working with them via a contract, so if you don't think you want to go with them, you can always make that decision later.
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, I wasn't a fan of the S&C weddings I'd seen. Even the pics from the "real brides" pro pics.

Then I saw the makeup for FutureCEO and found out she booked Greta Olson, who at the time was at MG Hair and Makeup. (Greta has since left MG and is now doing hair and makeup on her own.) I found her prices to be very reasonable, and I booked her for my wedding. I'd be happy to pass along her e-mail address if you'd like :)

Oh, and BTW, here are some pics from FutureCEO's wedding: http://graddyphotographymn.blogspot.com/2009/05/christina-matt.html

She also did the hair and makeup for Chap0188.
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sort of glad you posted this, because I felt the same way when I looked at S&C's website. I'm sure they do a great job, but I'm glad to look into some other options, too!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • edited December 2011
    Would you mind passing along Greta's email? 

You can just gmail me at carly dot waldon at gmail dot com
  • edited December 2011
    Will you send it to me, too?

mrsysandy at hotmail dot com

Thanks!!
  • ponsfemaleponsfemale member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my trial with Julie and she was AWESOME! I even went to the gym and took a boot camp class with my make-up on and it still looked great, even after all that sweating!
  • edited December 2011
    Could you PM me greta Olson's number or email? I can't seem to find it.  Or email it to me: [email protected]. Thanks!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards