Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Invites - DONE and ready to mail!!! (PIP)

Ahhh I have been working on them since NOVEMBER and I am SO happy to say that I labeled and stamped the LAST one last night!!! I did a little dance after the last stamp when on :).

I have to say that these were my least fav DIY project.
Where these a labor of love for anyone else?

They took way to long to accomplish and I love how they turned out but I am trilled that they are done! We are going to mail them out next week and I cant wait to have them out of our apartment.

Here is what they look like all done :)

You can see that I way over estimated when figuring out how to make as all the ones in the middle are extras - there are 28 extras - oh well I dont even care cuz we are DONE! :)

For those who are curious, here are a couple pics of what the insides look like:

Done Done and DONE!

Re: Invites - DONE and ready to mail!!! (PIP)

• bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! Such a HUGE check!
  • edited December 2011

Congratulations- those turned out great! Doesn't it feel good to get them all done? I agree though- invites were probably my least favorite item so far

• shameless_adshameless_ad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What a great check!  We finished ours last weekend, and they've just been sitting in the house waiting to be mailed, which is killing me.  Ah well, come Monday morning they will be at the post office!

Bio - Updated 7/25/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 284 Invited image 182 Attending image 96 Declined image 6 Not yet replied
  • golden1215golden1215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!  They look awesome!

I was lazy and got mine from vistaprint so no labor of love here but I got them out in the mail 2 days ago after coming back from the calligrapher so I'm happy that check is done!
  • laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you, between having fights with the printer, and paper cutter, I told FI next time I get married, I am NOT DIY my invites! HA! He said I didn't need to worry about that! But, after all your work, the look awesome, breath a sigh of relieft, you don't have to worry about them anymore!
  • edited December 2011
    OMGosh since last Novemember!? They do look fabulous, though!  After reading these and talking with my cousin who did her own invites, I am pretty sure I do not have the creativity or patience to make my invites look good if I did them myself, and I will probably be spendin the extra $$ to purchase them.  Props to everyone who does their own!!

And again yours look GREAT!

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They look fantastic!  What a relief!
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! And yeah kayla - since last November. I know. But I have worked on them slowly there was just so many parts that I did that on purpose but it made it feel like I have been working on them forever.
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!  Congrats, it's such a good feeling!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats they are soo pretty! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!! They are gorgeous!!! I can't wait to get mine done too...they take FOREVER! :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!  I want to do something similiar.. but I can only imagine how labor intensive these must have been!  Invites like these are sooooooo expensive if you order them, which makes me wonder.. you dont have to answer if you don't want to.. but can you share kinda ballpark how much it cost to DIY?  I'm just trying to figure out if I would save enough to really make it worth the work and stress..

Really pretty though, as all your projects are!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • KittE7KittE7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats!! they are gorgeous!!
    since November WOW, but at least you left plenty of time to do them... Yay for getting them out!
    eight twenty-seven ten
    reviews to come, i promise
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_invites-done-ready-mail-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:7cbe7dc2-c0fd-4a02-916b-beb0dad9f1e1Post:1ba31412-44c1-4e29-ab9e-5701bb70fd3e">Re: Invites - DONE and ready to mail!!! (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beautiful!  I want to do something similiar.. but I can only imagine how labor intensive these must have been!  Invites like these are sooooooo expensive if you order them, which makes me wonder.. you dont have to answer if you don't want to.. but can you share kinda ballpark how much it cost to DIY?  I'm just trying to figure out if I would save enough to really make it worth the work and stress.. Really pretty though, as all your projects are!
    Posted by Enchanted616[/QUOTE]

Thanks! And I would be happy to share costs! What are knotties for right :).

Here is my cost break out - I made 116.
    -Invitations (pocket fold paper 39.95, eggplant mats and cutting fee for them 10.61, ivory cardstock 29.23, 21.45 cutting fee for inserts, ribbon 32.96) = 134.2 TOTAL
    - Tape rollers for invite assembly (5.60 for two, then 8.40 for three more) = 14 TOTAL

So per invite that is $1.28.

I also bought a paper cutter and used my friend's bone folders but did not include those costs here.

Embossing materials were extra too but just let me know if you want info on those. (The swirls and the M was embossed.)
  • edited December 2011
    They turned out great! Congrats on getting them done! Another thing to check off your list!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards