Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Maid and Matron of honor....Can I have both?

Hi Ladies-

I am very close to my sister (not married) and best friend (married). Can I have a maid of honor and matron of honor? I just don't feel like I can pick one or the other. What do you think?

Re: Maid and Matron of honor....Can I have both?

• drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is your wedding and therefore you can do whatever you want! Sometimes girls get caught up in what they "should or shouldnt" do but this is you and your FIs day so yes do what you want.

I have two maids of honor and Joe has two best men. We also have 6 people on my side and 7 on his. My side is all girls but his side is 6 guys and one girl - we decided to have his sister stand up for him because they are so close - it really wouldn't have made sense to us to have her on my side.
  • edited December 2011
    I have a Maid of Honor, Matron of Honor, and a Bridesmaid. My FI has 3 Groomsmen. You can have as many or a little as you want! It's your wedding!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • laura_fettlaura_fett member
    edited December 2011
    Agreed, you can both! I've been to several weddings with both a matron of honor and maid of honor, generally a friend and sister combo.
  • izzyjenniizzyjenni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Agreed.  My sister is my maid of honor and my best friend is my matron of honor.  They live in different cities so it is nice to have two hands to help with things!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed!  We had two best men and one maid of honor. 
    It can be however you want it :)
    imageimage
    Born 37w4d on 09/27/11 - 5lbs 10oz 19 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • trinalotrinalo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To me, titles are just titles. I have a Brother of Honor and two Maids of Honor. FI has the standard one Best Man and two GMs. Do whatever the heck you want, says I!
  • edited December 2011

I say do it.. it's your wedding.. do it YOUR way.  We are doing a few things out of the norm for our wedding but that's what makes it YOURS.

I'm so envious of the girl who is having her future sister in law and her fiance's side.  I have her on mine and it makes no sense.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Maid and Matron of honor....Can I have both?:
     say do it.. it's your wedding.. do it YOUR way.  We are doing a few things out of the norm for our wedding but that's what makes it YOURS. I'm so envious of the girl who is having her future sister in law and her fiance's side.  I have her on mine and it makes no sense.
    Posted by kassie411
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely. I'm having a Matron of Honor and a Man of Honor. FI is having one Best Man.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards