Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Silhouette Stationary

Has anyone worked with someone who can do silhouettes of you and your groom? Or have you figured out how to create them yourself? I really want to have our silhouettes on our invite and am trying to figure out how I get started or if someone does them?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Re: Silhouette Stationary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here is a DIY tutorial: 

You could scan the finished silhouettes to add anywhere. 

For the project, if you need a good silhouette photo I'd recommend doing one against a white wall or sheer curtains with light coming through. It will give you the most contrast from the background to the person. 
    ------------
    Another idea: I made some with a camera and photoshop - Super easy if you are familiar with cameras and the program. 

I happen to have rice paper shades that worked really well for the lit backdrop. So if you have light curtains or could hang up a sheer white fabric over a window it will create a good contrast. I posed the FI in front of the window and metered the exposure for the shade/curtian. This causes the subject to be dark. I imported the photos in photoshop, added contrast to separate the silhouette from the background even more. 
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that one of the girls on the retro/vintage board was doing those. She made some huge blown up ones for a decoration. You might try over there and see if she is around. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards