Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Harriet Island

Anyone else going through the awesomeness of looking for a new venue due to anticipated flooding? Only 10 days until our wedding and we are planning our wedding all over again. Ugh, I want to complain about how much I dislike mother nature right now....

Amanda

Re: Harriet Island

• edited December 2011
    Oh No! I never thought about that!
  • bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh my!!! No - are they helping you with alternate plans or locations?  Hopefully all the other vendors can be accomodating.  I'm so sorry this is happening to you, I cannot imagine the stress.  Hang in there.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    They aren't going to have the guys in the workhouse sandbag by the river?  Geez, they already cut off Shepard Rd at Eagle St.  I work right across from Harriet Island Park, and everything's a mess over there.

It's a pretty big park.  Couldn't they set up something further inland?
  • edited December 2011
    Well we just booked with Black Bear Crossings on Como Lake, they were incredibly accomodating for us. Yes, Harriet Island was very helpful suggesting other places and helping us out. Fortunately are wedding is on a friday so we had more choices for venues and we have over a week to figure everything out. The couples getting married this weekend must be scrambbling to figure things out, I can't imagine. I'm relieved that we could find a place that we actually like in such short notice. Who would have thought that something like this would happen in October.
  • edited December 2011
    Glad it all worked out
  • edited December 2011
    DH and I were just driving around Shakopee, Savage and Burnsville looking at the flooding. It's like March all over again. DH says the biggest problem is going into fall with this flooding will only make spring two times worse. I immediately thought of Harriet Island and spring weddings. I haven't been down to HI to check out the water level up there yet, but I hear its pretty bad. I am glad to hear they helped you find another venue so quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards