Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

STD's and invite's

We are getting married 2-19-2011. I am trying to get an idea of when it would be a good time to send out save the date's and wedding invitations. I am having a hard time deciding because of the holiday's. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Re: STD's and invite's

• edited December 2011
    I think anytime between now and 6 months out would be perfectly fine
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would send out STDs in mid-August to mid-September. Sending them after the back-to-school rush might be a good idea - I know I always have a mountain of mail/paper to sort through right around Labor Day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Clare13Clare13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK I just have to add this to the post even though it really is not related....

FI was just looking over my shoulder.  He said STD's and invites?   What does STD's have to do with invites? 

I quickly told him it was Save The Date and Invites.  He informed me that if that was the abbreviation it should not be used.  That's just wrong.   Gave me a good chuckle. 

And to answer the question: I would send out STD's 6-12 months out and the invites between Christmas and New Years. 
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think anytime around 6 months is fine, maybe more if it's a major travel weekend like Memorial Day or Christmas.  You don't want to send it out so early that people forget about it.  Contrary to popular bride belief, the STDs you slaved over for a month to design don't always make it to a prominant position on everyone's refrigerator door.  :)
  • immnslylckyimmnslylcky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards