Ohio-Columbus

Wedding Themes

What themes are the brides in Columbus doing for their weddings?  I am having an early September Wedding in downtown Columbus and I have no ideas.

Re: Wedding Themes

• BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you need a "theme" per se.  I think lots of people run with their colors as a theme.
    That said, our theme is vintage.
  • Freckles27Freckles27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're also doing "vintage".  I just took things that I liked and incorporated it into the wedding.  Like lanterns (pew decor), candles, pearls, feathers, and swirly motifs including FI and I's favorite colors.

• JHS16JHS16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since our colors are red and purple (sentimental reasons) we thought they would go well with a light "berry" theme.  We're going to have berries on our cake, raspberries in the champagne, and berry sprays in the flowers.  Just small touches. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married next April, and my color scheme is pretty much the theme. We're having bright blue, yellow, green and orange as our colors. Our ceremony is in the Palm House at FPC, so we're doing orange, yellow and white lillies for flowers and kind of carrying that bright, tropical theme throughout to the reception.
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in early November, so I guess a "fall" theme is what we're going with.  That's mainly just because FI and I love fall colors...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married in September downtown :)

I don't really have a theme. My colors are black & apple/lime green. I am using our monogram throught out the whole wedding to show some continuity. (std, invitations, menu, etc)

My monogram is my avatar
  • brih86brih86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance went to Ohio State and is obsessed with it so our colors are red and grey and we'll be having little OSU touches as decorations
  • JHS16JHS16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_wedding-themes-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:68fe30b4-2b09-4a9b-b101-f48c46d595daPost:f6dabad9-5445-491c-931f-a55483ef59c5">Re: Wedding Themes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also getting married in September downtown :) I don't really have a theme. My colors are black & apple/lime green. I am using our monogram throught out the whole wedding to show some continuity. (std, invitations, menu, etc) My monogram is my avatar
    Posted by DanielleD7782[/QUOTE]

<div>Yay September brides!  Nice avatar, Danielle!  </div>
  • joydawnbjoydawnb member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure ours is a theme, but we're both musicians and decided to do a retro music wedding with our invites and programs looking like and set up like vintage albums. Our photos are going to be shot by someone who does a lot of band photos and we're having 2 retro bands playing. One is The Randys who play mostly late 50's, early 60's covers and the other is an 80's band. We're having them learn songs for us to perform with them too! The wedding favor will be a CD with our "cover" and songs from the bands at the wedding and us. Decor will be rocks poster styled stuff with our wedding on it and vintage glass. My colors are black, hot pink, and grass green. A little eclectic :)
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing vintage too, making it a sort of timeless throwback feeling to simpler times.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    thanks JHS :) My coworker that is a package designer did it. She is doing my save the dates and invitations. I just love her work!
  • edited December 2011
    We seem to have themes that have been emerging as we've been planning! There was this adorable good cake picture on cakewrecks.com that I fell in love with that had fall-colored leaves around it (wedding is in october) and the cutest little blue lovebirds on top. My Fiance's brother is designing our save the dates and invitations with those same birds, and we are using the color of the blue (just a little lighter than navy) and the color of the fall flowers as our colors. We really love music, especially alternative and indy music, so I think that we are going to have the tables at the reception named after our favorite songs and have the dj play our favorite music during the cocktail hour and dinner, and then switch to the wedding music norms afterward to get people dancing. My favorite part is I'm working on getting the CD101 ice cream truck to make a stop at our ceremony location (Park of Roses) to serve our guests ice cream right after the ceremony!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards