Ohio-Columbus

Signature Drink Ideas!?

We are looking for a fruity, fun signature drink to serve to kick-off our cocktail hour.  I have explained many times to my Fiance that a Jack & Coke won't cut it ( :  Any ideas for a drink that can be easily made?  I love a mojito, but not an ideal drink to make in bulk for 70 guests.  Appreciate any ideas!

Thanks ladies!

Re: Signature Drink Ideas!?

• edited December 2011
    This is one of my personal favorite vacation cocktail :)
    Of course you can tweak it and name it whatever... I just typed in the ingrediants in google and this is the version I found...

(my personal photo from vacation :)

Caribbean Romance
    Ingredients:
    1.0 oz Amaretto
    1.0 splash Grenadine
    1.5 oz Orange juice
    1.5 oz Pineapple Juice
    1.5 oz White Rum
    Directions: Pour the rum, amaretto, orange juice and pineapple juice into a cocktail shaker that is half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass filled with ice cubes, and float grenadine on top. Garnish with slices of orange, lemon or lime, and serve.

With this kind of drink, the mix can be pre-made, then the bartender just needs to shake with ice, and splash the grenadine.  We garnish it with a pineapple wedge... delicious snack when the glass is empty!!

• edited December 2011

Love it!  Sounds wonderful.  Thanks for sharing!

• rwowsleyrwowsley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a mojito and also a wine-based drink with lots of fruit called Tinto de Verano, which is very popular in Spain.

• edited December 2011
    Sangria would be fun, or I had a fun margarita at the ocean club that had a tiny piece of dry ice, so it was steaming.  
    Holly Loves AVON
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards