Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Ahhhh...only 6 months left! And a bartender question

This is finally feeling like it's going to happen!  We've been engaged for almost 2 years already so we're just ready for the day to be here!  Does anyone feel like the closer your wedding gets the faster the time goes by?  I've been feeling that way since we got to the 1 year mark.

Also, for those of you that hired bartenders from MN school of bartending, when did you hire them?  This is one FI's to do list but he doesn't know when he should call to hire some.  TIA ladies
Hitched! 09.30.11

Re: Ahhhh...only 6 months left! And a bartender question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    it will REALLY start to fly from here!  Lol.  Congrats on being so close!! 

As for the bartender, I don't have personal experience but I would guess to hire someone like 2-3 months out? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

DITTO!!!!! It's our 2 year engagiversary on Sunday and then we'll only be 5 months out! And we're going for our tasting in less then two weeks! INSANE!

Anywho, MN School of Bartenders is on FI's "to call" list this week. I just wanted to have it done before the tasting so when Heather asks we can say it's already taken of.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting that you are only 6 months away! :)

& I dont have any advice on a bartender. Our venue gives us one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_ahhhhonly-6-months-left-bartender-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:9d189c57-9005-4111-89d7-01db9d950fabPost:4e364101-dab8-45ba-b387-a5107b7e22af">Re: Ahhhh...only 6 months left! And a bartender question</a>:
    [QUOTE]DITTO!!!!! It's our 2 year engagiversary on Sunday and then we'll only be 5 months out! And we're going for our tasting in less then two weeks! INSANE! Anywho, MN School of Bartenders is on FI's "to call" list this week. I just wanted to have it done before the tasting so when Heather asks we can say it's already taken of.
    Posted by leggwilliams[/QUOTE]

Awesome!  Our tasting is set up for May 24th.  Maybe I'll just have Tom call sometime before that. 
    Let me know how that tasting goes! 
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm available to help with taste testings in case of a tie decision... just sayin ;)

ha. We completely blanked about the bartenders. I think we called them like 2 months out at the most.  oops.  We still got two though, and they were awesome.  It was a couple that was engaged :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What did you taste when you went, Steph? I'm trying to make the final decision on our choices
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Probably no more than 2-3 months out.  I actually went there and have my license from them.  If you're in a pinch, I could even do it for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_ahhhhonly-6-months-left-bartender-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:9d189c57-9005-4111-89d7-01db9d950fabPost:6735315e-e734-4021-b733-0dd099264eaa">Re: Ahhhh...only 6 months left! And a bartender question</a>:
    [QUOTE]What did you taste when you went, Steph? I'm trying to make the final decision on our choices
    Posted by leggwilliams[/QUOTE]

<div>oops. I just saw this, sorry! I don't remember everything we tried. I think you get to sample all of the sides? We decided on the beef tenderloin tips (ohmygoodness they were so good), the chicken parm, and the shrimp alfredo.  We didn't sample the shrimp, but I heard good stuff about it at the wedding.  I think we also tested the fish and another chicken dish.  The fish was not good, that I remember.  </div><div>
    </div><div>We also did a buffet, so we were trying to be conscious of what dishes could 'sit' longer, too. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good to know, I've heard bad things about the fish from a few others so I'll definitely focus more on chicken dishes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards