Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Rehearsal Dinner Venue

Hi!

So we're looking into a rehearsal dinner venue. We're doing a whole weekend wedding thing so we've decided to just invite everyone to the dinner (150+ people).

We're looking for a unique place and possibly where we can bring in catering (BWW, Famous Daves, etc). Any thoughts? I know there was a previous post about it, but I'm  just curious to see if anyone has any other ideas??

Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Venue

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What part of town?  We had pizza and bowling at PINZ in Oakdale, and I would recommend them.  Great service, fun, casual, and affordable.  They also have an arcade and laser tag area.  Full review in bio.
  • KittE7KittE7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elsie's bowling in NE is cool, not sure about the food-bring-in-catering options.
    The Eagan Community Center is nice for that group size, big windows, used for a lot of weddings.

How about a park?  You'll need a rain location, I guess, but reserve a park space with a pavillion, and then you can have it catered, have people play bocce, croquet, etc.  (That's what I wanted, but the park next to our home doesn't have any tables, so we'd be responsible for lugging the tables/chairs in & back again - not what I want to be doing the night before our wedding.)
    eight twenty-seven ten
    reviews to come, i promise
  • edited December 2011
    *going off to check PINZ for my rehearsal*
    PhotobucketPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_rehearsal-dinner-venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:a1235cd6-ae3b-41b9-8cdf-112d69767a89Post:07d20a37-0786-4248-b260-bbb706e3a256">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]*going off to check PINZ for my rehearsal*
    Posted by Liberty27[/QUOTE]

I'm happy to answer any questions you have about my experience with them.
  • edited December 2011
    We had our RD at Broadway Pizza in Blaine and had a great experience.  Full review in Bio.
    imageimage
    Born 37w4d on 09/27/11 - 5lbs 10oz 19 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • schmoodschmood member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone in the WP or family live in an apt/condo complex that has a party room?  I was at a rehearsal where the groom's grandparents reserved their party room (I believe for free) and they were able to have the dinner catered in and could bring their own beverages, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards