Ohio-Columbus
Options

Vendor Review Part 3

So, I loved all of my vendors with the exception of one. Sigh...let's get going with the rant.

Nyte Flyte. C-/D+ ...Not everything about them was bad. They did my uplighting, which was beautiful. And the DJ also did a nice job. The emcee on the other hand is a different story. Let's list the problems here:
1) didn't play the song I asked for the entrance. I wanted the one from the end of Hitch...he said he had no problem getting it. He ended up playing something completely random. No clue what it even was.
2) After the dinner toasts, he announced the stations (We had a mashed potato bar, pasta bar, prime rib station, etc) and then said "enjoy everyone". Should I have to tell him that he needs to say, the bride and groom/wedding party go first? There were no table dismissals or anything. So pretty much all my guests rushed the stations...we didn't eat that much anyway due to mingling, but still, it pissed me off. Thank God for the after party at the bar.
3) During the mother/son dance, he announced their names...too bad he said my mother's name instead of Ben's mom's name.

Also, the videography. Not worth 600 dollars. It looked like a child had videotaped the whole thing. It was supposed to be set to music...it was silent. I had a special tribute at the beginning to my dad who passed earlier this year. It was made up of a slide show as well as my brother ligthing a candle. None of that made it to film, despite the fact that the video was an hour long and my ceremony was only 25 minutes.

As you can see, not happy. If you end up using them, they are great for lighting and djing. Skip the videography and be explicit with the emcee.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards