Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Invitation proofing, please :)

Our calligrapher just sent me the text proof of the content for our invitations. Can you tell me what you think? I made my little comments on each image :)

We decided to only have text on the invitations (no graphics) because we thought that calligraphy AND graphics would be overload/clusterf*ck. But what do you think -- is this "fancy" enough? Or does it just look lame? :-\

Invitation -- A6: http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/bridepatti/invitation.jpg

Response Card -- 4-bar: http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/bridepatti/response.jpg

Direction card (front) -- A2: http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/bridepatti/directions1.jpg

Direction card (back) -- A2: http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv265/bridepatti/directions2.jpg

Re: Invitation proofing, please :)

• edited December 2011
    Oh, and also... I feel like the "For more information about our wedding..." bit doesn't belong on the response card. I think I originally suggested putting it on the Directions card, but I don't know if it feels right there either.

I should mention that our STDs had our website address on them already...

Thoughts?
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like everything how it is with your comments and agree about no graphics.  Will they be mounted on another paper/cardstock?  Might be a good way to use color then...?
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_invitation-proofing-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:b5011f89-f27e-4c44-bd2a-833d7a8e4411Post:218f3765-42d9-4a67-99a1-ef589d0716e8">Re: Invitation proofing, please :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and also... I feel like the "For more information about our wedding..." bit doesn't belong on the response card. I think I originally suggested putting it on the Directions card, but I don't know if it feels right there either. I should mention that our STDs had our website address on them already... Thoughts?
    Posted by dc*prep[/QUOTE]

<div>I envisioned the reception/response card being cut in half... Will it be? Maybe I'm imagining things!  I think the website is fine on the reception card.</div>

• Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto LS! I think the font you've got is pretty enough that you don't need no stinkin' graphics :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, they will be mounted on cardstock.

The invitation paper is Luxe Blush from Paper Source. It's the super nice cotton paper (good for letterpress, which we can't afford!), and it's a very very pale blush pink. The invitation will be mounted on Antique Gold Stardream cardstock, and the main envelope and the response envelope will be Antique Gold as well. I'm using an ivory satin ribbon as a kind of belly band to hold everything together. So the colors are pale pink, dark gold, and ivory.
  • edited December 2011
    The response card isn't cut in half -- just printed on that one side. So it looks ok to have the site on there too?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say no actually - why would you want someone to mail in the website URL with their response?  Wouldn't you want them to keep that on hand?

ETA: And it also has the reception venue/time on it, they might need that too...?

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_invitation-proofing-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:b5011f89-f27e-4c44-bd2a-833d7a8e4411Post:4265dcf0-bcc7-46fa-b888-8fa9dd4dd67f">Re: Invitation proofing, please :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, they will be mounted on cardstock. The invitation paper is Luxe Blush from Paper Source. It's the super nice cotton paper (good for letterpress, which we can't afford!), and it's a very very pale blush pink. The invitation will be mounted on Antique Gold Stardream cardstock, and the main envelope and the response envelope will be Antique Gold as well. I'm using an ivory satin ribbon as a kind of belly band to hold everything together. So the colors are pale pink, dark gold, and ivory.
    Posted by dc*prep[/QUOTE]

<div>VERY beautiful!  I love your wedding colors - so gorgeous and lush :)</div>

• edited December 2011
    Plenty fancy! I love it!

Here's my $.02 on the website: if it's on the RSVP card, there's a strong chance guests won't save it to their bookmarks. We've put ours on the directions card for that reason. Also, we had ours on our STD and I cannot count the number of people (okay maybe 20-ish) who have asked me about whether or not we have a wedding website... and it's right there on their STD card. Seriously? Yowza. 

So, in closing: it can't hurt to re-list your website, but do so on the directions card, not the RSVP card. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_invitation-proofing-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:b5011f89-f27e-4c44-bd2a-833d7a8e4411Post:00987993-798f-4e42-b172-553f39dd1cae">Re: Invitation proofing, please :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd say no actually - why would you want someone to mail in the website URL with their response?  Wouldn't you want them to keep that on hand? ETA: And it also has the reception venue/time on it, they might need that too...?
    Posted by LittleSweetie[/QUOTE]

OMG, good point! I didn't even think of that!

Ok, I have some extra Luxe Blush paper that could be cut down. (The Luxe Blush paper was discontinued right before we selected it for our invitations, so we had to snatch up as much as we could!) Maybe I could have the response card with just the last half of the info. "The courtesy of a reply is requested..."  And then I can use some of my extra paper for a smaller insert:
    "Reception ~ Dinner ~ Dance
    Beginning at five o'clock...
    ...For more detailed information about our wedding, visit <a href="http://www.ourwebsite.com."" rel="nofollow">www.ourwebsite.com."</a>

Would that be better? I'd hate to chop down the response cards into a smaller size, cause 4-bar is already kind of small.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What size envelopes do you have for the RSVPs?  I'd say that dictates how big they should be, then use whatever's left as the Reception card.

Yes - I agree on the wording.  In my mind, I was chopping the paper in half ;)

• edited December 2011
    Well the response envelopes are 4-bar too.

I'm thinking that the response card can be 4-bar. And then I'll cut down some of the other paper I have leftover, so that will be slightly smaller than the 4-bar. It'll have the reception info and the website. I'm thinking maybe I'll mount that on the antique gold paper too, so it'll feel like it's part of the invitation, and people will hang on to it.
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have a card with Hotel Information on it?  That is where we put our website info.  We had the invite, the RSVP, then accommodations and directions 2 sided.  If people send back their RSVP right away they won't be able to go to your website.

Also, on the RSVP do you want ppl to check mark or put the number or put initials.  I think to brides this is sooo simple, but getting our RSVP's back people don't understand what to write on them.

I love the calligraphy!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_invitation-proofing-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:b5011f89-f27e-4c44-bd2a-833d7a8e4411Post:9a0d05e5-ce32-4da4-9fd4-edbe4981dbeb">Re: Invitation proofing, please :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, on the RSVP do you want ppl to check mark or put the number or put initials.  I think to brides this is sooo simple, but getting our RSVP's back people don't understand what to write on them. 
    Posted by kclepire[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto - do you need to know who wants which meal, or just how many of each meal?</div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards