Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Profile event center brides--- quick question!

My fiance and I are looking at PEC for our reception site, but I am unclear about one thing. Do we have to use their in house photography? It's difficult to tell with the info their website gives. Help please! :)

Re: Profile event center brides--- quick question!

• edited December 2011

Nope! We're just using the catering (obviously lol) and a house DJ

Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely not! It's just something they offer....I'm brining in my own photog. Yay for another PEC bride, though! When are you getting married?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think their catering is the only thing you have to use.  The rest is an option, but not required :)
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep the rest of the girls have it right. The only thing you HAVE to use is their caterer, and even there, I talked to Heather and I think we are going to bring in some snack type foods for the CH. We just have to make sure to meet the minimum. Heather is fantastic so def feel free to ask us questions as there is a good number of PEC brides on here, but Heather is really good at getting back to you too!
  • edited December 2011
    CH???   (sorry, still learning all of the lingo :)
  • pcslindsers06pcslindsers06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much guys! You all are great :) I was chatting with my fiance about how I could just post our question on here and we would get plenty of answers.... he was blown away haha; "People just go on there to answer your questions and help?? whoa!!". 

Anyway, we're getting married in about 2 years haha but we're just trying to get a jump on booking our sites. We figure that prices/food mins are only going to go up! i'm glad to hear that we don't have to us their photographer. 

Here's one other question i have: we're considering doing an appetizer/cocktail reception. Has anyone ever tried to do that or attended one there?
  • edited December 2011
    figured it out - cocktail hour :) 
    I am surprised they will let you bring in your own snacks.  I asked Heather last week about bringing in candy for a small candy buffet and she said that outside food was not allowed??
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    martiac - hum good to know. Yeah I am not sure if things have changed since I booked. I booked over a year and a half ago so some things have but I havent heard of that one. Makes sense though. But yea I know we are bringing at least a popcorn machine in and she okayed that but like I said, if she says no she knows what she is talking about.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not having my reception at the PEC, but that surprises me that you can't bring in candy for a buffet, as long that the candy you bring isn't homemade (or is clearly marked and packaged if you did make it yourself).  Candy buffets seems to generally be the exception to the "no outside food" rule.
  • edited December 2011
    I believe it is because they have their own candy buffet option, which is $2.95 a person x 200= $590! I could do it myself for a lot less...
  • edited December 2011
    When I talked to Heather last August she made it seem like we were able to do bring in candy for our own candy buffet. Maybe the rules have changed, I'll have to check on that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    If you get different info I would love to know, but this is the response I got last week:

"You would have to do the candy buffet through us as we don’t allow outside food."
  • babybrd182babybrd182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_profile-event-center-brides-quick-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:b86cf269-1159-4478-814b-26d4bc71c60fPost:edbedbca-72a9-4b10-9953-a4b20968b99c">Re: Profile event center brides--- quick question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]figured it out - cocktail hour :)  I am surprised they will let you bring in your own snacks.  I asked Heather last week about bringing in candy for a small candy buffet and she said that outside food was not allowed??
    Posted by martiac225[/QUOTE]

Hello fellow profilers! I too asked Heather last week about doing a candy buffet, and she said we'd have to go through them. They got smart and started renting out their own candy buffet. Dang it. ;)

How has everyone been doing? I've been MIA for months cuz FI and I moved into our first house! YAY! :D

I can't believe we're almost 10 months away... holy cripes!
    -Knottie Bridget Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 11th, 2011 Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards