Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Even National Geographic loves Minnesota...

Minneapolis was ranked as 4th best summer vacation... in the world! :)

So.  I know we've done this before, but what are you favorite things to do here in the summer?  Want to share any 'hidden treasures' in the Twin Cities?

Re: Even National Geographic loves Minnesota...

• edited December 2011
    woo go us! :) I love that they featured the photo of Target field. :) Because that is DEFINITELY one of my favorite parts of summer. The other favorite part is sitting at my parents house (and my childhood home) in our backyard, lounging either near or in the pool, and then making smores when it gets dark over our firepit. THE BEST part of summer for me.

I also love boating on the rivers, but haven't done it in YEARS.
  • andielizabethandielizabeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great!! Since I live & am from WA I do have to get a little excited that San Juan Islands is #3 :) If you ever make it here definitely check it out - it is beautiful, probably one of my favorite places.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Created by Wedding Favors
  • edited December 2011
    Target Field I agree. <3 season tix so it's almost my 2nd home!

I always love going to the North Shore, too. SO beautiful.
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love lake calhoun. I lived a block from there for a year, and it was seriously the coolest place to live. Living on hennepin was amazing!
  • MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    During summers in Mpls, I LOVE to

*drive/walk around Lake Harriet at night when only the street lights are on. 

*go to Sebastian Joe's for ice cream in Linden Hills

*Twins Games!!

"All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • mmeilers13mmeilers13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Twins baseball at Target Field! Definitely love cabin time too, with boating, fishing, water skiing and bonfires!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We love...

road trips to greater MN and WI (especially Osceola for the waterfall)
    playgrounds with DS
    bonfires
    barbeques
    I love downtown and uptown Mpls like nobody's business...but I'm glad I don't live there anymore.  I like to get a bit of "city" when I feel like it and then go home to the peace and quiet....summers are the best time for walking in the city! 
    Love the Guthrie's endless bridge
    Stonearch bridge
    North Shore
    Duluth
    Cabin in Vermillion

other than that we are indoor people so that caps my list!  a lot of the time we just like grilling on the deck in the summer or hanging out in the backyard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards