Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Bursting at the Seams

Do you ever feel like you are bursting at the seams with all the things you want to do, to talk about, etc. but feel like you have to keep it in check so as to not overwhelm your friends, acquaintences and co-workers.  I head home this weekend for a pow-wow with my side of the BP, my mom and my Personal Assistant.  I cannot wait!  FI just doesn't like talking about this stuff.  FMIL, though sweet as pie, is just not my mom.  Sending things via email just isn't doing it for me.  I am so excited to run thru stores together, drink lots and get giddy with the people I love about all the details.  So much to get thru - but I am hoping to have a lot of decisions by the end of the weekend.

Sometimes I feel like I do talk too much about it with people who are not involved so much in the wedding. I know that they are being sweet by listening.  I'm scared I'm getting annoying though.
photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Bursting at the Seams

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hehe, that's what the Knot is for.  It definitely helped me keep my sanity during planning.  Have fun getting your giddy on with with your family this weekend!
  • edited December 2011
    AGREED!  I have become wedding obsessed in the last few weeks and everyday email or text my MOH or other BMs with random things I am looking at and appologize for always talking wedding with them....they tell me they love it but I am pretty sure they are just trying to be nice too!! That's what friends are for right!?  It's fun to have things to be excited about!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Haha I agree my sister just had a baby and while she was pregnant I was talking about it alot and she finally told me the world doesn't revolve around me and my wedding. Luckily shortly there after I found the Knot. :)
    My FI is out of state so he is like do whatever haha.
  • edited December 2011
    This is funny! My FI is pretty happy to listen to me when I chat. I email my DOC sometimes when I'm having wedding giddies and I feel like I've talked too much with my girls! Luckily she loves it and will chat back and forth with me. :) Have fun!
  • laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I'm the opposite, I haven't talked much about the wedding to friends and family, basically only when they ask. The last time I saw my MOH she said she felt like the worst MOH ever because she feels that she's not doing anything, maybe I should talk to you about it more... I told her that she's doing an awesome job as a MOH, no complaints!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm totally there with you, and I don't know what I'd do without The Knot.  FI, I'm sure, is getting sick of me going on and on, my mom just doesn't care, and I feel like I'm burdening my friends by going on and on about it.  I try not to talk about it to people that aren't going to be part of the BP unless they ask, then it's their own fault!  Part of the reason I don't talk much about it to my mom, other than her trying to get off the phone whenever I start, is that I don't want to be swayed by her opinions.  Same goes for FMIL.  This is my gig and I want to do it my way, and that's pretty much how FI feels about it, too.
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll listen anytime, jk! :)  I totally hear ya!

(from the neighboring cube)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards