Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Re: QoD 11/29

• edited December 2011
    I like Autumn best - I think the changing colors are just soo pretty, I also like the nip in the air that makes you want to cuddle up with a hot chocolate or hot cider.

Honestly though, there is something about each season I really love - probably why I will ultimately live in a place with all 4 seasons :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would say spring. The weather is mild like the fall. All the flowers start to bloom and the world thaws out! I guess I feel the most motivated in the spring time. My birthday is also in the spring so maybe that is why I always look forward to it.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I love the summer. I think it's weird that I like living in MN so much because I actually despise being cold (and I'm having a winter wedding... go figure!), but I think I would probably get bored if I lived in a warm climate all the time. I just love the feeling of being really warm. I hate air conditioning unless its around 90 degrees.
  • edited December 2011
    I like summer.  I love walking/jogging with my dog outside....now I'm way too cold!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Fall is my favorite.... I love the ability to wear t-shirts and capris during the day and then at night a sweatshirt and jeans. It's really the perfect mix. It also means that I get new students and a new school year starts which has always been (even when I was in school) my favorite time of year!
    I do love something about each season and really dislike something too, but Fall is hands down the one that tops my list! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Fall - the colors, the crisp air, honeycrisp apples and football!!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fall for sure.  You can still enjoy the great outdoors, only minus the bugs and sweat or 50 layers of cold and a runny nose.  Plus, the colors are fantastic.
  • edited December 2011
    SUMMER! I love summer on the lakes in MN. I love hanging out with family and friends and enjoying the sun.

I don't know what I would do without Snow for Christmas!! If FI gets stationed in Cali I may have to get a frosted tree! It just wont be the same!!
  • edited December 2011

Summer and it's not even close!  I love EVERYthing about summer.  The heat, the sun, going on the lakes.  I love that it stays light out so late...always makes me feel more energenic.  Love that I can just throw on a pair of flip flops on my way out the door instead of a coat, scarf, boots and all that junk.  You never have to get out and scrap ice or snow off your car.  I just have a lot more fun in the summer than any other season...Although I don't mind spring and fall...but I HATE winter!

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love SUMMER!! Being able to run outside without layers on and having it stay light out later. Also, having the option to just sit outside and enjoy the weather. I'm also a freeze baby...so anything below 75 and I have to wear jeans and a sweatshirt. So, I'm all for the 80-90 degree days.
    Anniversary
  • sailerweddingsailerwedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Summer and Winter! I love the extremes :) We live on a lake so all of the fun water activites that come with summer are super fun, boating, tubing, big bbq's with friends and family. But I also love love love the winter! I was actually kind of upset that it was so warm this past weekend and all the snow melted :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spring!  Everything wakes up, and is so full of hope for the summer!  Plus, baby animals!!!
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Winter is my favorite.  I love how everything goes dormant and it's silent and white outside.  I can tolerate quite a bit of cold, but one degree above 80 and I'm an angry bitch.  Even if I have to shovel snow and deal with icy roads, winter is still, by far my favorite.  But if I could eliminate one season, it'd be summer.  The heat and insects are more than I can tolerate.  I'm absolutely miserable if I have to be outdoors in the summer.  It seems that everything and everyone stinks in the summer, and I always feel grimy.   
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked summer, but spring is a close second. I love the same things about summer that Shan mentioned - hanging out on the lake w/fam and friends. Spring is great though, too - I love how it's a fresh start, and such a relief to be able to leave the house w/out bundling up!

I do love that we get all four seasons here. I couldn't imagine only ever having one type of weather...
  • Rebecca7911Rebecca7911 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love summer!  I love the heat and to be able to go swimming.  In the summer, I am always outside. I just love it! That being said, I do like living in a state that has all four seasons. There is something I like about all four seasons, its just that summer is my favorite.
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fall def! I love the colors, the crisp air, football, school starting, zip ups, thanksgiving, really all of it. There always seems to be an electricity in the air in the fall too - like an excitement for the holidays or something.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_qod-1129?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:d87c6318-0217-4900-a8c4-b5f219bef920Post:e34a5d86-f418-409a-b703-283115d16e17">Re: QoD 11/29</a>:
    [QUOTE]Winter is my favorite.  I love how everything goes dormant and it's silent and white outside.  I can tolerate quite a bit of cold, but one degree above 80 and I'm an angry bitch.  Even if I have to shovel snow and deal with icy roads, winter is still, by far my favorite.  But if I could eliminate one season, it'd be summer.  The heat and insects are more than I can tolerate.  I'm absolutely miserable if I have to be outdoors in the summer.  It seems that everything and everyone stinks in the summer, and I always feel grimy.   
    Posted by I Want Cake[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">hahaha your description of your feelings towards summer are pretty much exactly how I feel about winter :) HATRED and I definetly get whiney/bitchy during winter...especially when it snows.  I love MN but hate winter....Maybe someday ill be rich enough to have multiple homes in warm weather areas for me to go to in the winter ;)</font></strong>
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Oops. I forgot to answer my own question.  Fall, for sure. I love the weather in Spring, but I hate the slush.  This past spring was awesome though, with the lack of snow. :)

I hate hate hate summer. I hate humidity, I hate heat, I hate having to use the a/c, I hate it all.

That being said, I don't think I could live somewhere that didn't have all four seasons.
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love fall the best because of the colors and beautiful weather. It is always hard to go back to teaching after a long, blissful summer, though. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards