Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

? for anyone that shipped or is planning on shipping their dress

I found THE dress in Illinois while visiting FI's family to try to include his mom and my mom in the search. I had no intention of purchasing from them, but the service was sooo much better than I've had when looking in MN. The first store I looked in Minnesota has this dress as well, I'd just rather support good service.

I live in Arizona so driving the dress from IL to MN isn't really an option for me however FMIL offered to pick it up when it comes in and FFIL can ship free from his work. My question is, if you bought your dress from out of state and didn't fly with it how did shipping go? I'm afraid that it will be extra wrinkly and cost more in the long run to press it here. Anything else anyone has to share about shipping dresses would be greatly appreciated.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? for anyone that shipped or is planning on shipping their dress

• wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't shipped my dress but I can't imagine that it would be any worse than having it shipped to the bridal shop from the manufacturer.  Pretty much any dress is going to need alterations and a final press before your big day and I don't think it probably matters at all how wrinkly it is for pricing that out.  I think you should be fine - just maybe get a good quality garment bag to put it in and make sure that the container is sturdy so nothing gets inside the box- tape the edges well, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards