Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Popping the question...:)

Hi ladies, I don't often post but am on here frequently. Am looking for some creative ideas. I've been dwelling over a fun way to ask my bridesmaids to be in my wedding party. Especially for my 2 future sister in laws, I know they will be very excited and honored to be asked. I'm wondering if there are some creative/sentimental/thoguhtful ways to do this. Any thoughts?  Thanks :)

Re: Popping the question...:)

• edited December 2011
    A friend of mine wrote a poem and put each of their names in it. Then printed and attached it to scrapebook paper and included a picture of her and the BM.

I didn't do anything creative- just asked them. For my MOH I gave her a same arrangement of potted plants for her apt.
  • edited December 2011

This is kind of elaborate but a friend of mine had puzzles made. She mailed the pieces to everyone in the WP & they had to put it together to see the message. FI and I aren't as creative though, we just asked our WP the next time we saw them. :)

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A knottie (I don't remember who!) made some really cute DIY cards.  Does anyone remember who it was?

This groom asked his GM with a stop-animation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-SVbBk3wXM&feature=player_embedded
  • edited December 2011
    I called my MOH up and just asked her.  Unfortunately, it took 4 days of phone tag to finally get to talk to her.

I emailed my other BM something about wanting to wear an ugly dress and have her picture taken.  She made me promise not to put her in teal or strapless.  I agreed, since I hate teal and am having the BMs choose their own dresses.

The Jr. BM I just asked when I saw her without her step-mom.  It was nothing special.

I asked my best gay to be a groomsman the next time I saw him and we were out at lunch eating pizza.

I don't know if FI has really asked his brother and cousin to be BM/GM, but they somehow know.  I think I probably told them while we were sitting around talking about wedding planning stuff, although I believe it was already assumed at that point, since they're the closest to FI.  If not them, it'd be my brothers, who are going to end up being ushers.
  • edited December 2011
    For my BMs and Jr BM I made them all the personalized wire hangers with their names and a purple ribbon.  I purchased some "Will you be my BM?" cards off etsy and gave them to them when I asked.

Nothing too exciting or creative but they all thought the hangers were super cool...hope they don't lose them before the wedding ;)
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave them each a card that had a personalized note and a cute poem I found written inside with flowers.  Here's a pic of my card.

**Disclaimer** I stole this poem from another knottie.  Sorry, I can't remember who!

"All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • EineSnickle7EineSnickle7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love these ideas. Just what I needed! Thanks a ton! :) I'm so excited to do some of these projects. I'll post pics!

Faith
  • edited December 2011
    I gave each of them a copy of the book "You can Wear it Again:  A celebration of bridesmaid dresses"  and put a little note inside the cover, they all loved them!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • LauraMC09LauraMC09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made a little card and got those large cookies from a bakery that said "Will you be my bridesmaid/MOH?." They loved the card, but loved the cookie even more!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards