Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Greetings from New Zealand!

Hi ladies!

I haven't had much time for surfing the web lately, but I have a few free minutes while DH is getting ready and not hogging the computer, so I thought I'd pop in and say, "Hi!"  Our honeymoon has been absolutely fantastic so far, and only one day of rain. 

We started in Sydney, Australia and stayed there for five days.  The food was unbelievable.  I can't wait to try experimenting with recipes when I get home.  This little restaurant right on the harbour served the best garlic bread I've ever had. It was crispy, cruchy, tender, and chewy all at the same time.  We went on a cruise on the harbour, climbed the bridge pylon, visited the Opera House, went on a walking tour of the city, DH did a photography tour, I saw the botanic gardens, we went to a few museums, a farmers market, a puppet shop, a chocolate shop, and had VIP tour of a zoo.  They let us pet a bunch of animals including a snake, bearded dragon, emu, wallabie, and kangaroo.  We couldn't pet the koala, but we could get right up next to it (like, 5 inches away) and have our picture taken. 

Once we got to New Zealand, we took another harbour cruise and saw sea lions, penguins, and some crazy sheep grazing on near vertical cliffs, visited a cheese factory, took a scenic train ride through the mountains, drove (on the left side of the road), and finally attempted to climb a glacier.  I say attempted because about 2.5 hours into the climb, I started getting pretty dizzy and had to turn back.  Bummer, but it was pretty much sleating straighting into my eyes, we were soaked to the bone, and it was less than 50 degrees outside.  DH only wanted to go for pictures and the rain made it almost impossible to take any, so we weren't terribly disappointed.  We did get to see the glacier right up close and a ton of waterfalls on the way, so we were satisfied.  We spent the rest of the day chilling in our huge suite at a B&B.  It was our first day of real rest on a very busy trip.

Whew!  Enough AWing.  What's been going on here?

Re: Greetings from New Zealand!

• Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow it sounds like you are having an amazing trip!!! Cant wait to see pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

SO jealous!! You guys sound like you have done a ton! How amazing :) So glad to hear it's going great...  Enjoy the rest of your time there!  The pics will be awesome!

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sounds like tons of fun! And I'm jealous that you got to see penguins. =(

• Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Between DH and I, we've already taken over 2,300 pictures.  It'll take a little bit of time to sort through them, but I'll be sure share a small selection of the best ones with you.  Maybe the top .05%?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_greetings-new-zealand?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:e973105f-7fcd-454b-8ae2-732220880788Post:f390367a-4362-4e14-a0d0-1d282f7a0c63">Re: Greetings from New Zealand!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Between DH and I, we've already taken over 2,300 pictures. 
    Posted by hkiesling[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">Oh how I love digital cameras!! :) Best invention ever</font></strong>
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like the most AMAZING time ever!!!  Minus the glacier part.  I hope the weather continues to cooperate and that you both enjoy the rest of your honeymoon!
  • Options
    Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like soooo much fun! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OOOOH FUN!!!  (Now seriously considering a NZ HM!)
  • Options
    lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that sounds awesome! I am sooo jealous! Have a great rest of your trip :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Swing into Christchurch and say "Hello!" to my wonderful Aunt and Uncle for me would ya?!  Really though, isn't NZ one of the best places on earth?  I remember taking that scenic train ride...it seems like a dream now.  NO place can surely be that beautiful!  Ahhhh...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Enjoy it while it lasts -  MN landscape will seem SO boring once you're back, believe me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Heather I love that you snuck on TK while on your HM. :)

• Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  Since I last posted, we've spent a bit of time driving around the countryside and enjoying the views (mostly of mountains, sheep, and sheep on mountains).  We stopped in Queenstown and went horseback riding in the "high country" aka mountain foothills near a town called Paradise.  Then we went for an overnight cruise in Doubtful Sound (deep, deep water with really high cliffs).  There were tons of waterfalls.  DH went kayaking and I explored the shore on a tendercraft with a few other tourists.  AMAZING!  Today we're chilling in a two-bedroom B&B with two balconies overlooking a golf course which is in front of lake which is just in front of a snow-capped mountain with billlowy clouds rolling off the sides.  Yeah, pretty much perfect.  Tomorrow we head off to the north island for some native culture, glowworm caves, and a day at a world famous spa.  Jealous yet?

Since there was some interest, I'd be happy to share my detailed plans with anyone considering on going to NZ / Australia for their honeymoon.  I HIGHLY recommend it.  Ahhhh, off to enjoy the view....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards