Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Fantasy Wedding -Ceremony Venue

Okay, here's a chance to pimp your ceremony venue or any that you've been looking at, dreaming about, or secretly wishing that they'd okay the use of for your wedding.  Including websites or pictures might help ladies to make a decision when I post the poll.

It looks like the wedding will most likely be the second weekend in September, if that makes a difference.

Suggest away!

Re: Fantasy Wedding -Ceremony Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Cowles Conservatory at the Walker Sculpture Garden.  I only wish they could seat more than 40-some people.  And Como Conservatory, but only if they had seating.
  • Options
    threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Venue....Ceremony or reception? 

I'd say your talking reception, and since mine is out (Planet Hollywood, APEX suite)
    So this is a drawing of the room, but its the best "over all room pic" I could find. 

While looking at sites locally, before we picked a destination wedding, we were hands down IN LOVE with http://www.chateaustcroix.com
     Chateau St Croix winery:
    This is the front of the Chateau

And this is on their 3 season porch. A fellow knottie had her wedding here I actually think this a a picture of her reception. I cant find her bio right now, but it was a SIGHT! 

imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    chou_chouchou_chou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bakken Museum on Lake Calhoun -- if they allowed weddings there, I would have LOVED this place.  Outside terrace/patio, put a big white tent over the whole thing, have the bar, tables, dancefloor under the tent, and white paper lanterns hanging from the inside........plus with the view of the lake right there and any potential fall colors it would be gorgeous!
    www.melsa.org/MuseumAdventurePass/content/images/Bakken_Museum.jpg" alt="" width="193" height="214" />
  • Options
    AJandBJAJandBJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't get it...is this a "pick your dream site" or suggestion for a real person's wedding? I think my answers would be different.
  • Options
    AJandBJAJandBJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh...now I see the Fantasy Date post...it all makes sense now! Smile
  • Options
    threemarie24threemarie24 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or I vote anywhere in Stillwater :) 
    imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry AJandBJ...this is totally make-believe.  Although, I do think it might be helpful if anyone is looking for ceremony sites to see a nice big list.  This is just my attempt at getting the boards to pick up a bit and maybe encourage some newbies to start posting.
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think my dream venue for both ceremony AND reception would have to be Semple Mansion. However, it's about $3,000 more expensive than my budget would allow ;-)

And yes, I'm super jealous of TriSaratops.

Ooh... or 413 on Wacouta.

Really, anywhere that requires minimal decoration and has space for both the ceremony and reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Windows on MN (top floor of the IDS center) would be amazing but it was out of our budget.    Also Blaisdell Manor would be super cool
  • Options
    KittE7KittE7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Terrace at the Minikahda Club - view of Lake Calhoun AND the skyline. (you need a member to "host" your wedding.)

Walker Art Center's terrace (photo by Studio 306)

Guthrie Theater's Endless Bridge (soon to be US!)
    eight twenty-seven ten
    reviews to come, i promise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards