Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Invitaions setting the tone??? PIP!!!!!!

Hello fellow knotties...

Now, I knew the invitations are what set the tone of your wedding. Color, style, formality etc...That been said, FI and I came across these invites that we both looove. Our colors are silver, Cornflower blue and white...But the invitation design doesn't have any cornflower blue which was initially the main color..( Bridemaids dresses etc..) 

After many proofs to customize the invite for us, we still prefer the silver and black that the seller original design , so we ( FI) actually decided that we should just leave it as is.

Now,  My DOC and my BFF think, the invite has to have blue in it, otherwise, we may need to change our colors! IS that so relevant? The invites are already in the mail from the seller to us , and the bridesmaids dresses are already ordered. My DOC said, then We will need to work more with silver in the room decor  with just small touches of blue... I have no problem with that option. But I mean, is that big of a  deal? FI doesn't care at all and says: Just leave everything as it! I'm starting to think, maybe, we should add a personal touch of blue in the invites, once they are here ( can be those diamond blue crystal , anything blue...in the boxes, since they will ship in boxes) 

Please see pics, and your suggestions and opinion will be appreciated!

Sorry this is long.

Re: Invitaions setting the tone??? PIP!!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    I think your DOC and BFF are crazy and you should do whatever you want.  Honestly...

Also, those invites are going to end up on the floor of almost everyone's car or straight in the garbage.  So what I'm trying to say is not that they don't matter, but that they are not significant to anyone but you.  And if you like them, do it!  It sounds like it's already done anyway, so just be happy you're getting what YOU want!

Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    What about using blue little rhinestones on the edge of the ribbon?
    You definitely don't need to change your colors though.. your DOC is something else. I agree with your FI :)
  • WondersWonders member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! I too thought they were taking this TOO serious. 
    FutureMrsSheele. I thought of it too, but well after everything is done. I should received them this Saturday, so I don't think the seller can make that change now...I mean, they are not shipped yet, but I did not want to cause any  delay more than she already did herself...
  • edited December 2011
    No. You don't need to change your colors. I mean, if your invites had been pink and green, I might be confused if I showed up to a blue and silver wedding.  But, honestly? I highly doubt your guests will notice/care about your wedding colors... and they'll notice even less if your invites don't match. 

Don't worry about it :) Address them with blue ink. ha
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs.  Keep them the way they are, no one will notice that there is a difference between the colors at the reception and an invitation they looked at two months ago!  I say relax and go with the colors you love and the invitation you already ordered.
  • WondersWonders member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you lady, this is such a relief :- ) 
  • edited December 2011
    I ditto Steph.  Don't change your colors.  Honestly, by the time I get to someone's wedding I've forgotten what the invitations looked like. 
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    Nope I think you'll be fine! Maybe you could address them in blue ink?
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with PP -- just had to say looooveeee the design!!!! If I had the $$ that's what I would want my invites to look like!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • WondersWonders member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwwwww Thank you TriSaratops10 ! These became one of the very few things we splurged in. Lol Couldn't believe we'll pay $$ for invites, but once we saw it, FI and I just went " wow" and you know the rest...
  • edited December 2011
    The invites look great! And I DON'T think you need to have the blue in them. It'll be a pleasant surprise for the guests! So NOT a big deal!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everyone else on the advice, just needed to say those are gorgeous! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    Could you put them in blue envelopes, if it's that big of a deal to you?  With them being black/silver/white, you won't have a problem if you add a color for the actual wedding.  What you've got now is a fairly blank pallette that's dying for some color.

Also, your DOC is crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards