Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Invites- Half Done!! Major Task;)

FI and I formed an assembly line over the holidays and got our Invites 50% done. The main invite is done but we still need to print/format the inserts and RSVP cards. My DIY design has been a pain because its 4 layers and various sizes ... having FI there to glue/tape it all together was a major help!

DIY Invite Brides - Do not attempt them alone! LoL

BUT... I got a Cricuit for Christmas! Even though the main invite is done- I plan to add some fancy cut outs to the inserts to tie them in. Instead of plain White paper and Black font. ... SO EXCITED .. I am also thinking of the sweet holiday cards I am going to make next year with it. and all the cool stuff I can do for our Wedding scrapbook... :)

Re: Invites- Half Done!! Major Task;)

• edited December 2011
    Yayyy!!  That is awesome!!  It's a nice feeling to be ahead of the game!  :)   ...or even just on track ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! and jealous!
    I'm making a trip to Anchor on Thursday to use my 20% off coupon before it expires...so I'm right behind you :)
  • edited December 2011
    Good work!! The thought of doing DIY invites completely terrifies me, so I am always impressed when people do them! :)
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    That's next on my list, if I can ever get myself to a place to figure out what I want!  If it's in the budget, I'm thinking about just hiring it all out.  I've got enough other projects to do.
  • edited December 2011
    I want cake - I know esty has a lot of graphic designers that are willing to design invites for people for a small fee then you just print them. That is another option depending on what you are looking for.
  • edited December 2011
    Martiac, how do you get the 20% coupons?  Mailing list?

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I do redo sale - they were handing them out

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! I remember getting done with mine, oh my did that feel awesome!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm 1/3 of the way through mine! Got a bunch printed and will have all the belly bands put together by tomorrow! UGH they are SO much more work then I anticipated!
  • edited December 2011
    legg I haven't started on the band and I hear its the worse. LoL
    I stamped a Handmade stamp on the back and I really hope ppl appreciate the time put into these things. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oye.  I feel like I REALLY need to get working on these.  I'm dreading them!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_invites-half-done-major-task?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:fa7cbbac-f889-4609-b0ec-f0ba1d36f420Post:332ab857-a36b-4011-aa82-6868f2044597">Re: Invites- Half Done!! Major Task;)</a>:
    [QUOTE]legg I haven't started on the band and I hear its the worse. LoL I stamped a Handmade stamp on the back and I really hope ppl appreciate the time put into these things. :)
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

Oh, they are simply awful. I definitely suggest just trying to do a few a night or you'll likely burn out really quickly. I'm soooooo glad they're done, though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards