Missouri-Kansas City

wedding dress sale?

Hi, my name is Iris. I'm looking for the perfect wedding dress. Some of my friends' (out of town) recommandation is find the place that having a wedding dress sale (sample, too) Do I need to contact  every one of them in town and ask? or....??

Any advice will be awesome! Thanks!

Re: wedding dress sale?

• prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd contact stores and ask, or you can contact specific designers you are interested in and see if they are having a trunk sale anywhere in the area.  Trunk sales aren't normally as cheap as sample sales (you're buying a new dress instead of a sample), but the store will generally take around 10-15% off at them.

As far as I know, there's not really a central way to find out about sample sales.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    I agree with PP - call the stores and ask.  I do know that when I was shopping for my dress my sales lady did tell me that the following weekend they were having a sample sale so if I decided I liked one to wait and come back and buy it so that I got the better price.

HTH
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah you can call salons to see what they might have coming up, or like pridee said, find trunk sales from the designers you like (usually on the designer websites).
  • oskiemom89oskiemom89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    huge help! Thank you so much!
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto contacting stores. Also, if you go to websites (ie: pwg.com) and sign up to be on their list, you get all sorts of wedding-related emails, including sales & trunk shows! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards