Missouri-Kansas City

When should I book a RD site?

I was checking out all of the wonderful suggestions in a post down below about local RD sites and noticed that some of you who are 5-6 months out are finding that places are already booked.

Thank got me thinking - how soon should I be booking a RD site for KC? Also, who generally GOES to the RD? I know we will have a lot of OOT family members - would they be invited, too?

TIA!

Re: When should I book a RD site?

• wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say you need to book your RD site as soon as possible.  A lot of the popular places will book up very quickly.  My first 5 choices were booked and I did this 7 months out.  I did find a place that is very nice, but it was not exactly what I wanted. 

If you want to invite the OOT guests you can.  I'm not sure what the proper etiquette is on that one.  I know a couple ppl that have invited all of the OOT guests to the RD, and I've known several that have closed it to immediate family and the wedding party. 

I am only inviting the immediate families and the wedding party to my RD.  Of course the wedding party will be able to have their spouses or dates come with them, and I am going to invite the whole family of the flower girl and ring bearer.  HTH and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    6 months to a year out, depending on your wedding date.  When selecting a location, be sure to check out what is going on in the area that weekend...art fairs, festivals, etc so that getting there and parking will not be an issue for your guests.  Best wishes!

Julie Blanner, Coordinately Yours
  • edited December 2011
    It might depend on when you are getting married, but I am  June 2010 bride and we booked ours in early September (10 months out!!) and we there were still some places we couldn't look at b/c they were already booked!  I've found that some of the knot's timeline is a bit too late if you are getting married during a popular month. 

As for who to invite, that is something that you or whoever is paying for it needs to decide.  My FMIL is paying for the rehearsal dinner, and she only wants to invite immediate family (sisters, brothers, etc) b/c we will have too many OOT guests and don't want to have to pay for them all or risk not including everyone...so, we are going to decide on a designated meeting place for after the RD we will go to and spread the word to OOT guests to meet us if they want.

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards