Ohio-Columbus

Father/Daughter Dance song suggestions, please!

What song are you using or do you suggest?

Thanks! Marci

Re: Father/Daughter Dance song suggestions, please!

• jodskijodski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using 'Butterfly Kisses' by Bob Carlisle, I promised to dance with my dad to that song when I was only 8 years old!

But I also love 'I loved her first' by Heartland, 'Ready, Set, Don't Go' by Billy Ray Cyrus and 'Stealing Cinderella' by Chuck Wicks. Sorry, just realized mine are all country but they do have the best lyrics. Good luck, I'd love to hear what you choose!
  • hidlynnrhidlynnr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have suggestions for songs that are not so sappy? I love my dad but I am not daddy's little girl and we don't have that mooshy relationship.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm surprising my dad--he loves when I play a jazz song called "Misty" on the piano, ever since I was a little girl, so I'm making a recording of me playing and having the DJ play it at our wedding. Really brainstorm to see if there are any creative alternatives to the traditional father/daughter songs that mean something special to you and your dad :) 
  • Freckles27Freckles27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad and I aren't mushy either, and we do not do country at all.  So his idea his Heaven by Live.  It gets fast in parts, so we're working with the DJ to find an acoustic version
  • edited December 2011
    daugher by Loudon Wainwright III
    sweet child of mine by cheryl crow
    Gracie by Ben Folds
    Isn't she lovely by Stevie Wonder

• hidlynnrhidlynnr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are all cute ideas!!
  • futureValDfutureValD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My father and I danced to "I Loved Her First" by Heartland. It's funny...during the moment I was fine, just so happy. It wasn't till I watched it over on our wedding video that I cried my eyes out like I was his baby girl all over again! :) Just beautiful lyrics!

I actually came up with three choices and then let him choose the song he wanted and he chose this one. The other two I gave him were Butterfly Kisses which he always liked, and also "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw which also makes me tear up. :)

Val
  • edited December 2011
    My father and I are planning to dance to Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman, but other top choices were King of the World by Point of Grace and I Loved Her First by Heartland.
  • edited December 2011
    I have chosen the song, In My Daughter's Eyes by Martina McBride.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the recommendations!
  • edited December 2011
    My dad and I haven't had the best relationship, and are trying to make it better. I'm trying to find a non-country sounding song that isn't all mushy but still has beautiful lyrics that have a message that describes our relationship. A couple I am considering are "Daddy" by Kendall Payne and "Child of Mine" by Carole King.
  • mrs. wolfmrs. wolf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Dad and I dance to a song off of the new Whitney Houston song, "I Look To You".  He loves Whitney Houston, so it was perfect!
  • edited December 2011
    My dad and I are dancing to Otis Redding's "Sittin on the Dock of a Bay"
    This has always been our favorite song together and though it isn't about a Dad and Daughter, love, etc, it is really special to us and we will both love it and not too gushy either!  HTH maybe you can think of a song like this for you and your dad!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards