April 2013 Weddings

Snarky Brides On The Knot

Okay, so I posted a really tricky/awful question on the etiquette board.
I know I'm a terrible person for wanting to demote a bridesmaid. I know it's mean and selfish and it'll make her sad, but I'd be lying if I pretended that I'm not thinking about it or that I'm not going to do it.

I was expecting snarky responses but holy cow!
If you guys wanna go read that train-wreck, go for it. Grab the popcorn.

Re: Snarky Brides On The Knot

• It was awful and you are being horrible with your attitude about your friend.  What else was there to say?
  • Yeah you're pretty selfish and inconsiderate, idk who you think was going to validate your idea ?
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I read it. And I don't understand why you don't want her to stand up with you anymore. Because she has kids? Because she is pregnant? Making her just a guest will not solve anything.

If SHE doesn't want to do it, that is a different story. But her life isn't going too well right now, and you don't seem to care about that, just how you want your wedding to be. Are her kids for sure going to be invited? Maybe she can find a sitter. Maybe you can help her find a sitter so she can enjoy her night. Always be a friend over being a bride.
  • I read and responded to your other post.
    I'll just say this; I don't think your behavior/attitude towards your former bridesmaid was acceptable, I don't think creating a new thread, talking about the thread where you got trashed, in what I see as an attempt to get people on your side, is okay, and I don't understand why on earth, if you were knew that nobody would agree with you and already knew what you were going to do, you would post that question.
  • It seems like you came here for validation of what you did. Demoting a bridesmaid is pretty harsh and a lot of people aren't going to agree with you regardless of where you post. You made your decision and now you have to live with it.
  • Sorry if you came here looking for sympathy, but you're really not going to get any. You did a sh*tty thing and were a pretty awful friend. If you're fine with your choice, go be fine with it. Stop trying to win strangers on the internet over and get validation for doing something rude, inappropriate, and mean. If you feel the need to have people tell you you didn't do something wrong, maybe that's a sign that you DID, in fact, do something wrong.

And, really, I have seen the e board be MUCH harsher on people, so consider yourself lucky that you got off that easy, especially as you did something that, etiquette wise, is completely unacceptable.
  • Sorry, but you are acting like a selfish, immature bridezilla. You obviously don't care about anyone but yourself and your perfect little wedding, even though it's one day, and no one will really give a hoot if a kid cries for a little bit. If that would matter that much to you when you aren't willing to have a child free wedding, obviously you don't even realize the main importance of the day- getting married. Besides, the other kids with their parents there could easily cry and those parents not do a dang thing- I've seen that done a TON. At this point- if you kick her out, it sounds like she'd be better of without you in her life...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry your post was pretty bad and you seemed to be poking back a bit also. I can't imagine doing what you did to anyone never mind the person that is responsible for you meeting your FI
  • Bad bride and bad friend! You wil not find any sympathy from anyone here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tiny specktiny speck member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I agree with everyone else. This was a terribly selfish thing to do, and I'm not sure why you'd want to draw more attention to it after the responses you got the first time around...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards