April 2013 Weddings

Worst Day Ever! Sorry... Complaining on the page :(

Hi!  My day sucked!  You might remember that I used to work with FI, but the company got bought out and he moved to the new office and took a job with the new company and I took a job elsewhere.  Well, I hate my job and today was a bad day there.  Then, my old coworker/friend sent me the announcement for the new hires there (former coworkers I used to work with) because she keeps me in the loop with everything.  Well, everyone of them wrote a bio about themselves to be announced by email to the company.  Everyone wrote about their employment history, hobbies and significant other...Except my FI.  He worte about employment and that he likes to spend time with his kids, at Taco Bell, and in Vegas.  That's it.  Nothing about me.  I wouldn;t be so upset, but he is the only one that didn't mention his significant other.  I feel very hurt and embarrased.  Then, I came home to an ant infestation in the kitchen!!  UGH!  I killed them and cleaned it up, but I thought about leaving it, leaving the house and writing a note saying "You have an ant problem, I would have taken care of it, but apparantly I don't exist"  I DO have major PMS right now which is making it worse, but am I right or wrong to be hurt by this?  I am not only hurt, I am very mad.  Am I over-reacting?  I talked to him about it and he said he was so busy he wrote his bio in a minute and didn;t give any thought to it.  That made me more mad because he thought of crappy fast food and gambling before he thought of me!  UGH!  Advise ladies?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Worst Day Ever! Sorry... Complaining on the page :(

• I'm sorry you are having a crappy day (and hate your new job :( ).  I think I'd be upset but move on quickly. I can actually see my FI doing something similar but it's not because he's not in love or I'm not important and I know that. :)  Also, make sure you kill all the bugs!  It's scorpion season and if you have any kinda bug you have food for them!  Good luck :)

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • I do not mix my business and my personal life.  So for me, I would not mention anyone in my family.  Maybe your FI doesn't want to mention that he is engaged because he hasn't asked for the time off yet and is worried about the "new company" getting rid of him if they know he will soon be asking for a long vacation.  And don't forget - he had no idea what others were writing and no way to know that he was the only one not mentioning a significant other.

I think you need to wait until you're a bit more settled down, and then talk to him calmly about it.  He may very well have a good explanation.  Verbally attacking him or "making him pay" without even finding out his reasoning is a bit premature and probably isn't the type of picture you want to paint for yourself. 

As for the ants, get some Terro.  I found mine at Home Depot.  It will bring more ants initially, but after a few days, it will kill the entire colony. Our last apartment was built on an ant hill and we had the basement apartment.  The Terro worked miracles.

*HUGS*  I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Thanks girls, it's just so embarrasing because there are about 40 people from my old company that work there and know we are engaged and he didn't mention it, and they saw the email!  He told me that 2 people came over to him today and busted his you know what about not mentioning me.  I also just can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that of 7 he is the only one that didn't think of his FI when writing this.

Thanks for the advise about the ants.  I've been itchy ever since I saw them.  Eww!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
  • I would have been upset as well.  My fiance tends to do little things like that sometimes and it does hurt my feelings.  But after the original being pissed off period I realize that its not because he doesn't love me, its because he's just not as deep or an overthinker like me.  He didn't leave you out to upset you, he just wrote about whatever was on his mind that minute.  And sadly, it was Taco Bell.  Its good that other peopld have called him out on it though because truthfully that probably had more of an impact on him then you being upset. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All is better now. It did upset me and I did sit down calmly and explain it to him. It was just just an oversight, and he is a guy, so things like that happen to guys. : He knows next time he gets taco bell a little joke will be said! Haha. Thanks girls!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm glad everything worked out for you.  :-)

I would SO wrap his wedding gift in (unused) Taco Bell wrappers/bags, though.  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Aww, I am sorry you had a bad day. I was thinking about you last week and wondering how you are doing at your new job. I hope it gets better for ya!
  • I'm glad everything worked out, but I would have been upset too. Personally I wouldn't let my friend torture me with e-mails from the old job. I know you think she's keeping you in the loop, but I think this is risky behavior on her part, even if it is just profiles and gossip, as the bosses may not appreciate it. I also don't think it's doing you any good. In this situation, it seems like you girls are conspiring to spy on your fi while he's at work. And even though you used to work together (which I never think is a good idea), if I were your fi, I would feel like you were snooping and invading my privacy. If you and your friend weren't doing this, you probably wouldn't have heard about it until his coworkers had already busted him. Then he could have come home and said "I did something stupid at work today...."and explained and you both could have had a little chuckle instead of working yourself up. And it's true, guys will just write whatever comes into their heads unless they are given direction. Unless there was a question asking about significant others, I can see how he might have omitted it, even though I still think he probably should have mentioned it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • vk-

Thanks for thinking of me :)  The job is really.... crappy. LOL- I am being throw in with little training and the stress is taking a toll on me.  BUT, it will get better, eiher that or it's time to look for another job :)  It's pretty damanding, so maybe I just need to get used to that.  My last job was not so demanding, at least not often.  I'm off in 10 minutes though and headed home where FI and I are gonna drink our butts off and then do absolutely nothing tomorrow!  It's about time for a night like that!  I can never get him to drink with me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hahahaha about wrapping his gift in Taco Bell papers!!!  I totally have to do that :)  We've been making little Taco Bell jokes since this, we are actually able to laugh at it now.  That would be classic :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards