April 2013 Weddings

Fitting question

Hey ladies, ok so I'm an April 13th bride...eek 11 weeks.. Anyway I have lost 45 lbs since I ordered my dress. I ordered it in the size I was at the time, because I didn't want the added stress of ordering a dress that didn't fit. Anyway my poor beautiful dress is huge lol!!! So my question is.. When do I start fittings??? I'm still loosing, but I can't imagine I would be able to loose more than another 10 or so...
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Fitting question

• There was a thread about this about a week ago, I think the consensus was that it depends on your seamtress. Some people have started, I just made my appointment for the last weekend in February so 7 weeks before my date. I'd contact whoever you plan to use and ask their typical timeline.

Congrats on the weight loss! 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm an April 6th bride and had my first fitting about a week ago. When I talked to my seamstress, she said 5-10 pounds doesn't typically make a huge difference in the fit of the dress for most brides. There's obviously a lot of variables there, but just something to keep in mind. I would definitely talk to your seamstress about it though!

• Another April 13th here. My dress is about a size too big and I am converting it to a permanent bustle because I do not want a train.  So a bit of work. My first fitting is Feb 28th at the salon and that was their suggestion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • April 5 bride here. My first fitting is Feb 16. They ordered me the sample size when I bought the dress. I have since lost 20+lbs. They do not seem too concerned though. I will have 2-3 fittings.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congratulations on the weight loss! I would call the seamstress and ask what they recommend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards