April 2013 Weddings

Something old

I have a hankerchief with my grandmothers name embroidered on it. I don't know how I can incorporate into my wedding for my "something old". She passed away at 93 years old and unfortunaely will be missing my wedding day. Is there anyway to use this?

Re: Something old

• im sorry to hear that, my grandmother passed away just over a month ago and im very say that she wont be there on the day. I think it is really nice that you want to include her. Do you just want it with you that day? like in a purse, or somewhere where it can be seen?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012

aw, how awesome that you have something like that of hers. I lost my father about two years ago and my FI lost his mother 1 year ago, FIs dad is an artist and will be painting an individual paintings of my dad and his mom to have at the ceremony. We are going to put it on a table and we will light a candle in memory of them. I then want the candle and the paintings to be brought somewhere into the reception room and the candle going through out the reception. I was also thinking about having a piece of my fathers clothing or something that we have that he wore all the time sewn into my dress near my heart...I know you won't want to do that with the hankerchief, but maybe you can pin it inside your gown or to your bouquet? I know for my sisters wedding her MIL gave her the hankerchief she used on her wedding day. My sister pinnined it to her bouquet and was able to hold it and use it during the wedding. HTH!

148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You could sew it into the inner lining of your wedding dress, near your heart maybe?
  • Lesa, I have the same thing!!!!  Thinking about using it to hold with the bouquet!  I will kind of wrap it around the stems of the flowers.  What do you think about that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards