April 2013 Weddings

Epic bachelor party

So, I'm pretty sure my FI is going to be living a version of the Hangover this weekend. He and I think 6 other guys are heading to Vegas, and most of them are still single and make good $ so they can all afford something nice. And one of his friends has a hookup at Caesars so got all sorts of good stuff for a major discount. That friend who planned it just texted me and said he got a 1400 sq foot suite at Caesars, VIP bottle service one night at the hottest club right now, a private room steak dinner for the next night along with VIP service at another new club. In between they are just going to be at the pool, drinking and gambling. I think I want to hop in FI suitcase tomorrow and go with him!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Epic bachelor party

• My FI went to Vegas as well, with 10 of his friends! They had a BLAST! they rented ATV's and took a guided tour through the desert, which they all said was the highlight of the trip. One of the guys also has a hook up and they got free bottle service at a club, plus their limo driver stuck with them ALL weekend and drove them everywhere!! 

I'm hoping my Bachelorette party next weekend in New Orleans can top that :)
  • Wow that puts my spa day and dinner at the melting pot to shame lol. FI and his buddies are renting a cabin in the Poconos for a weekend on a lake with a canoe, there's a hot tub, and they plan on grilling, drinking and being stupid all weekend. I'm jealous cause mine is supposed to be in like 4 weeks and nothing has even been researched yet for it as far as what spas in the area are reasonable :/ bachelorette parties are never as fun I feel like haha
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Uh yah.. I'm having a little shower tomorrow and then a girls night in bachelorette with pizza, some drinks and games I think. Totally low key. I feel slightly lame I'm doing that while FI is partying it up in style in Vegas! But, I knew what my friends could afford and what they are more comfortable with (and what I'm comfortable with) and a night in beat all and it will still be a lot of fun! So, I'm just happy FI gets this awesome experience and will be jealous :p haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That sounds awesome Orange!!  Your FI's party and yours.  Girls nights in are very fun and sometimes better than going out!  I wish I was going to Vegas, but I am going to my favorite bar district and have a DD so I will have a great time..  There will be only 5 of us girls, but that is enough people to carry me out if need be.  hahah.  I don't go out often, but when I do, I like shots! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • We're going to Charleston, SC for my bachelorette party.  My girls have let it slip that the first night is a chill night in: i'm doing makeovers, their practicing hairstyles for the wedding, movies, wine, snacks.  The second night, we're going out on the town and we all have to wear something sparkly, haha.  Luckily I know my way around downtown Charleston pretty well so I'll probably end up being the door guide ;-)

FI's bachelor party is going to be pretty low key.  He doesn't know this but his dad is bringing down his fishing boat and the guys are going to go out on the lake during the day, grab lunch at a BBQ joint, go golfing in the afternoon and out for a nice dinner that night.  Sounds pretty mellow so I'm sure there's some craziness thrown in there somewhere that I'm not privy to but the BM did CC me on the emails to the guys.  Who knows what was said after the original email, though, haha.

We're both over the bar scene so I'm glad our wedding party is keeping it reasonable.
  • Yeah- FI is looking forward to the trip, but he's not much of a partier anymore either. So this will be bringing him back to his old glory days, because his friends are still partiers. I don't really drink anymore either and I have anxiety in bars for some reason, so I really could only do a girls night! Wine tasting or a spa day wasn't affordable for most of my friends. It's fun hearing all the different ways people celebrate their bachelor/bachelorettes! I think all your  ideas sound like a lot of fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That sounds so awesome! I would seriously want to sneak along too.

Anniversary
  • All I know about my FI's bachelor party is his buddies are taking him on a Saturday and he needs two days to recover. There were many variations of this, starting with one idea to "kidnap" him from work and keep him for 3 days in an undisclosed location to me. He nixed that as his work schedule changed. He's looking foward to it. Nothing special for my bachelorette party. I'm having 2, but one is more of a sleepover the night before the wedding. All the girls in my party (plus my awesome cousin whose 3 daughters are all in the party) are crashing at my parent's house. I'm going to be bringing our Wii so there will probably be a lot of insanity. My flower girls, designated bubble girl and JBM are coming to the sleepover as well, so they are all excited about participating. It's all my 6-year-old niece (whose a flower girl) can talk about according to her mom (whose one of my BMs).
  • I am having 2 Bachelorette parties as well.  The one I mentioned and the one my MOH is throwing for me.  She is my 14 year old sister, so she has invited me to watch Magic Mike with her and her Mom and any friends I want to invite... LOL.  She did tell me that she will make sure her Mom picks up a bottle of wine.  Cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_epic-bachelor-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:c8c1a9ad-d368-4ff7-8a59-541ba87af720Post:4bace6f9-6319-47cb-905c-0ff85c64b2c4">Re: Epic bachelor party</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having 2 Bachelorette parties as well.  The one I mentioned and the one my MOH is throwing for me.  She is my 14 year old sister, so she has invited me to watch Magic Mike with her and her Mom and any friends I want to invite... LOL.  She did tell me that she will make sure her Mom picks up a bottle of wine.  Cute!
    Posted by adawn1981[/QUOTE]

That is freakin adorable.
  • FI is doing something with the guys... I don't know what and I'm not certian who's invited, so he could be breaking all kinds of etiquette rules. I won't worry about that, because it's not my party and not my responsibility. They are planning some 2-day adventure, so it will certainly involve some travel and a lot of booze.

The invite for my bachelorette party just went out--they chose a chill evening at a winery/restaurant, which I'm really looking forward to. I wanted a nice dinner with friends before the big day, and that looks to be exactly what I'm getting.  As a sign in a friend's basement bar declares: "WINE! How classy people get wasted."  Tee hee!
  • My fiance is going to vegas too, and my lovely future brother in law arranged them to come home at11:55 on the 3rd, which wouldnt be so bad if our wedding wasnton the 5th! lol but i do get out of cooking Easter dinner, since theyre leaving that day! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards