Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

7.11.09 Vendor Reviews Part I

We were married July 11th!  There were a lot of mishaps, but it was still spectacular and no one else really knew about them except me!  My biggest advice to upcoming brides is to remain calm and not let anything that does go wrong on your big day bother you.I'm never write just a little so I'll separate this out into a few posts. Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} Church – St. Patrick’s The ceremony was absolutely beautiful.  We received nothing but compliments.  I never had an issue dealing with St. Patrick’s.  Both of the wedding coordinators I dealt with were very nice and never gave me a problem.  Ms. Ann was a pleasure to work with both at the rehearsal and at the actual ceremony.  She took care of so many things, so I didn’t need to deal with them.  I think all the hoops they make you go through are worth it in the end.   Singer:  Megan Dearie – A+ Her voice is great.  My grandmother was blown away by the Ave Maria.  She was also very nice, down to earth and humble.  She made picking out the ceremony music very easy.  Another singer I contacted told me they couldn’t play this one song I really wanted.  I told Megan about it and she said it was no problem and the song sounded beautifully at the church.   Trumpet Player:  Gary Benoit – A+ I have actually never met or even spoken with Gary.  My Mom dealt with this.  I knew I wanted a trumpet player because you walk in to Trumpet Voluntary.  I have received nothing but compliments about the trumpet.  Everyone loved it and so did I!  DH said that the trumpet made my entrance into the church just perfect.  I’d recommend anyone having a traditional Catholic wedding to have a trumpet player and to use Gary.  He also had the best price around – the best $150 we spent on the wedding.   Priest – Father Bernie Terrebonne Father Bernie was one of the best decisions we made.  He was great.  The total opposite of strict St. Patrick’s.  He was laid back and didn’t require much from us.  If you want a great priest that won’t make you jump through hoops, get him.  I knew he would be great because he used to be the pastor at a church by my parents’ house and is the pastor of a church near where I currently live.  He was also the chaplain of my high school where I was an Eucharistic Minister. Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} Programs & Save the Dates:  Office Depot – A I designed the Save the Dates and the Programs myself on my computer.  I printed 1 out then brought them to Office Depot to get copied.  Both times they were well worth the money I spent.  It was much easier to get them copied than to print them all myself.  If you are having a big wedding like I did, it’s well worth the money just to get the stuff copied.   Rehearsal Dinner:  The Columns Hotel – A+ FMIL dealt with this place, so I don't have any behind the scenes details.  I can tell you that the food was amazing!  My chicken was just so perfect!  The room was beautiful and it was just enough space for the 45 people we had.  Awesome place!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 7.11.09 Vendor Reviews Part I

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews. Your married bio is great.  Everything was beautiful.  I'm also in law school and getting married right after finals.  I'm glad to see it's possible!  Could you provide me with the contact information for the trumpet player?  Thanks and congratulations! Jennifer
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Planning a wedding and being in law school is doable, but not the ideal situation - obviously.  You might be interested to also know that he is a lawyer and does the trumpet on the side.  I was a little off on the price but its still a great price and well worth every cent.Here's the info my Mom sent me on him:GARY BENOIT 504-715-0216 IS HIS CELL # COST WAS $175.00 I THINK HE REQUIRED A 50.00 DEPOSIT PAID BALANCE ABOUT 3WKS TO A MONTH BEFORE
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and St. Patrick's suggested both my musicians.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards