Louisiana-New Orleans

Rehearsal Question

Hi ladies,Trying to plan my RD and need to figure out the start time.  Does anyone have any idea how long the wedding rehearsal usually takes?  We're having our ceremony at St. Louis Cathedral.TIA

Re: Rehearsal Question

• edited December 2011
    I got married at the Cathedral. Our rehersal was at 5pm on Friday the day before the wedding. We started the RD at 6:30 at Tujague's which was in walking distance and it seemed to work out just right. It's kind of foggy in my memory but I think it lasted less than an hour. It started a little late because there was another rehearsal before us. Make sure you book a time and date with the Cathedral as they usually have multiple per weekend. Ours had to be at 5p because there was a wedding scheduled at 7p that day.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a Cathedral bride also. I just spoke with Kevin about our June 26, 2010 wedding and he let me book my rehearsal now. I booked it for 5pm in case there is a 7pm wedding that night. He didn't say anything about how long but I'm assuming it wouldn't last over an hour.
  • efelte1efelte1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my rehearsal at 5 pm also at St. Louis. We are starting our dinner at 6:00ish but we are having a little 1/2 hour - 45 minute cocktial hour before dinner.
  • mcaprimcapri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked our rehearsal at 6pm on Thursday before our Saturday wedding. It lasted about 45 minutes; however, we had a REALLY big bridal party, so if you have a small one it may take less time. Our RD was at Arnaud's at 7pm, so we were able to walk there as well.  Good luck. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards