Louisiana-New Orleans

Second Line Question....

I am getting married at the St. Louis Cathedral and we all are Second Lining from the Church to the reception.  Do I need to include a reception card?  If so, do I need to include that we will be second lining from one location to the other?

Re: Second Line Question....

• ashpugeauashpugeau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might just be able to put at the bottom of invitation:second Line and reception to follow:reception place's nameif not, just send out a card with the invite listing the reception.  I don't think you necessarily have to give guests a heads up about the second line.  They will just follow suit to whatever everyone is doing after the pressional from the cathedral.  I think that would be a fun surprise.
  • meganfauermeganfauer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. I do not think that you have to let them know about the second line at all. You can either do a seperate card for the reception or at the bottom of your invite.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • efelte1efelte1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have lots of out of state guests so I am going to put a little blurb about the second line on the back of the programs. Maybe something with the history of the second line and then that will imply that there is one. Just because I know my people from out of state are going to wonder what the heck is going on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards